The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 119 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#201747 - 04/01/10 07:45 PM The Sandra Bullock Trade
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
OMG, I was at the grocery store yesterday and I couldn't believe that all the tabloids and magazines were featuring stories about Sandra Bullock...

I don't read these pubs, except that I entertain myself while waiting to check out by getting a pulse on the world of entertainment and celebrity based on who's making the covers...

Personally, I have always enjoyed Bullock's work and I am sad to find out she has such a jerk for a husband...

But what makes me decide this is even a topic for the forum is that I just read an article from a New York Times columnist about Bullock and her troubles... And as far as I am concerned, the NYT is a "real" publication -- and when celeb news makes something beyond Page 7 (or what ever that famous page is that they put celeb news) -- it's worth noting...

The columnist writing is a David Brooks, and he starts his column out this way...

Quote:
Two things happened to Sandra Bullock this month. First, she won an Academy Award for best actress. Then came the news reports claiming that her husband is an adulterous jerk. So the philosophic question of the day is: Would you take that as a deal? Would you exchange a tremendous professional triumph for a severe personal blow?

Seems like a question worthy of debate even for those of us who will never be up for a national award...

What do you think? Do we women have a different perspective on this topic?

By the way, here's a link to the article in case you want to read the whole thing: The Sandra Bullock Trade
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#201748 - 04/01/10 08:18 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: Anne Holmes]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
David Brooks concluded "....Nonetheless, if you had to take more than three seconds to think about this question, you are absolutely crazy. Marital happiness is far more important than anything else in determining personal well-being. If you have a successful marriage, it doesn’t matter how many professional setbacks you endure, you will be reasonably happy...."

As a woman and an individual, I think each of us interprets happiness differently. For some, marriage is not part of the equation.

Speaking for myself, I learned years ago that happiness is not a perpetual state of being. At the end of my life, it will have been moments of happiness strung together throughout the decades. Those moments are different for everyone.

As for Sandra Bullock, it appears husband Jesse James may have poured emotional-concrete on her most recent professional moment of happiness.

Like many of us who have survived sudden marital tragedies, I wish Sandra Bullock the survival skills to get through this challenging time, and to move ahead to many happier moments in the future.

#201752 - 04/01/10 09:52 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: Josie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The saddest part of all this uproar is that Saundra waited until the age of 40 to trust someone again with her heart and her emotioins. She had six good years being kept totally in the dark by her cheating, scum, pig of a husband. Her heart and her ability to trust may have been damaged beyond repair BUT thank God she got a signed, iron clad prenutuial agreement so at least her finances will not be in jeopoardy. Of course Jesse James is a millionaire in his own right.

This entire situation saddens me because Saundra Bullock is not the norm in Hollywood, she is a classy lady and a Christian.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#201784 - 04/02/10 08:08 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

They said on a news program that Saundra is worth eighty millioin dollars and if he wants to Jesse can get half. I also read sometime ago they both signed a prenuptial agreement so who knows??? Her heart may be smashed to smitherines but her bank account is in great shape!

#201788 - 04/02/10 08:26 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Don't know she really is Christian:

Quote:
Nope, not on my part, and I know it wasn't on the director's part," she says, shaking her head adamantly. "[The Tuohys] are devout Christians and they're Republicans and they sure love their football. Me? I know nothing about Christianity, nothing about football, and I'm not a Republican.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/mar/21/sandra-bullock-the-blind-side

There are a number of articles where she meets a believer, etc.

I don't follow the Hollywood world anyway. I just did that search now.

#201842 - 04/04/10 01:27 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: orchid]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Apparently he was married a couple of times before Sandra? I
don't keep up on this stuff but I thought that was what I heard.
What's with the dame with the forehead tattooed? Good grief!
I'd take a happy marriage before an oscar, I think. But who knows. Sometimes you have to experience a situation before your opinion is worth a dime!

Edited by jabber (04/04/10 01:28 PM)

#201960 - 04/06/10 10:19 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I hope she signed a prenuptial if she's worth 80 million.

#202010 - 04/07/10 10:54 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I read where they both signed prenups because both were wealthy in their own right.

The part of this that upset me most, yes he cheated, and that was just terrible. But he also took away all the pleasure a star gets when winning an Academy Award. Normally you see them everywhere on all TV shows but she had to go into hiding and not only be humiliated and broken hearted but she couldn't even enjoy the accolades all stars want more than anything when winning such an auspicious award.

#202102 - 04/09/10 01:37 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
I have to agree with your #202010 post! Receiving an Oscar for
Best Actress is the ultimate of Hollywood's dreams. Her spirit
should've been soaring with the eagles, not dragging around
the subsoil somewhere. My heart goes out to this lovely lady!

#202144 - 04/11/10 07:32 PM Re: The Sandra Bullock Trade [Re: jabber]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I read where Sandra is quite concerned about getting checked for STDs at this point. (Some STDs are not readily symptomatic)

I pray for all who, like Ms Bullock, have gone through this tragedy of finding out their spouse did not take their sacred marital vows seriously.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved