The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 156 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152667 - 07/04/08 11:28 AM HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK

#152668 - 07/04/08 11:48 AM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for thinking of us Lola.

Anyone doing anything special?

It's raining here and we have family coming to go to the parade that begins at 10:30. I can't recall it ever raining on our parade! Then they're hanging around for a little cook-out. We also have four tickets to the Oriole game that begins at 4:00, but I think it's still going to be raining. They're calling for it for the next few days. We need it so I can't complain.

Anyone us grilling or seeing fireworks? Hmmm, they may be cancelled...

#152669 - 07/04/08 01:52 PM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Happy 4th of July!!! To one and all!!! From Sweden! Wish I was there with you all!

We, on the other hand have the BOSS himself..Bruce Springsteen, here in Gothenburg, doing a concert this evening and tomorrow evening. My kids are all down there to attend them both!!! What an honor that he is with us here. But he likes doing concerts for "us "Swedes..or so it is said!!!

HUUUGS to you all!

#152670 - 07/04/08 03:31 PM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: humlan]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Hello Dotsie ,

We were thinking of going to the parade , but decided not to this year . Too tired after being away last weekend to the family reunion his , not mind . Not going to the fireworks , but did order some Crabs from "Gibby's " about a dozen . Will eat those tonight . Crabs are expensive this year . It will only be the two of us , daughter having friends over . Have a wonderful safe 4th of July everyone

Have some garden work to do .

Renee

#152671 - 07/04/08 04:54 PM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: Sadie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Happy 4th of July to all of my neighbours to the south! I wish all a safe - and thoughtful - day, as we celebrate with you the great freedom we have to gather and celebrate with great freedom!

(Maya Angelou)

#152672 - 07/05/08 06:43 AM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Well we had a quiet 4th. My hubby was on the road coming home, my sister, daughter and I stayed home for most of the day.

We did, however, take advantage of the sale at Joann's today. Enjoyed ourselves though and watched the musical 1776 on TV as well as the specials around the country.

I hope all had a great day.
www.tidedancer.com

#152673 - 07/05/08 09:16 AM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: Sandpiper]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Had a wonderful time today and was thinking of all my cyber sisters. I simply had to stop in before retiring for the night to say HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#152674 - 07/05/08 03:33 PM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July. Our neighbors always do fireworks; so, we stay home and watch pretty colors light up the sky, outside our windows. Hubby and I went geocaching 4, 4 hours in the morning. We had a swim and a quiet picnic. Happy 4th weekend 2 ALL THE BOOMERS & their FAMILIES!!!!

#152675 - 07/06/08 01:47 AM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: jabber]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th. We are the luckiest country in the world!!!
Larry's been on vacation and because gas is so expensive we've been taking little day trips close-to-home. For those of you who are not familiar with Bellingrath Garden southwest of Mobile, Alabama, they're beautiful. The ground belong to the family Bellingrath who brought an English gardener to help with their garden...(poor guy must have wilted in the humidity). The gardens draw people from all over the world. Yesterday, we did a nature hike through Blakeley State Park...it butts up against the Tensaw river...really pretty. I wanted to share some photos with you of our little jaunts. Enjoy!

Bellingrath gardens...

off Dauphin Island...the oil rigs are awesome to see...

A cute tiny mushroom growing on the forest floor in the state park...not sure what type but it was there so I took a photo...

FOR YOU JJ...the hunk sends his love...

#152676 - 07/06/08 08:18 AM Re: HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Dee, the photos are fab. That spot by the fountain looks so calm. The hunk is out of his pajamas! Geesh...if I could catcall men, I'd have whistled at Larry's legs. Tweet-tweet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved