The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#143111 - 02/21/08 02:46 AM Total eclipse
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
anyone going to watch the eclipse? It's supposed to happen here in about 15 minutes. I'm going out on our deck to see if I can see it. Doubt I can get photos, but I'll try. Probably nothing but a black sky.

#143112 - 02/21/08 02:49 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Louisa]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
it's raining cats and dogs, so I will have to pass... tell us what you see, please. I'll aim my hubby's two telescopes that way...no, maybe not... don't think you're suppose to view them through those. Good luck. I don't know how many times I've tried to catch eclipses and comets, but never have been successful.

#143113 - 02/21/08 03:12 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: gims]
Louisa Offline

Well, it's freezing out there. When I went out, it was almost all covered and sort of reddish. I waited and waited and it turned more gray/black but still not all covered and it was supposed to be by now. The pictures wouldn't come out. Maybe because it was so windy, I couldn't hold the camera straight. But the stars are out and there is a bright star to the left of it. Some nights the moon is on the back side of our building. I can see it from the deck or from my bed, just shining over the water. Tonight, it's on the front side. The front side of our building is always windier than the back side and boy is it windy out there right now and COLD. I gave up before I froze. I couldn't see it from inside the foyer at all. So much for moon watching. On the back side, there are quite a few stars out. I thought it would be a dark night. Weird.

#143114 - 02/21/08 03:32 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

I went back out. It's still looks the same to me. I can see it perfectly. It's a clear night out. I think I'm too cold to go back out. I'm chilled to the bone now. If it comes around to the back side of the building, I will look some more.

#143115 - 02/21/08 03:37 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Louisa]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Just came in. I took my tripod and telephoto lens out. I got a couple of decent shots, but really needed a super-duper long telephoto lens - mine only goes up to about 350-400 and that's not quite enough. It's a balmy 50 something degrees out here.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#143116 - 02/21/08 04:23 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: yonuh]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My husband is on a train driving to New Orleans and called to tell me about the eclipse...I went outside and sheesh...cloud cover...wouldn't you know it. I bet it was beautiful...it's perfect temperature here...north of Mobile. Sorry to hear it's freezing there Louisa.

#143117 - 02/21/08 04:38 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Dee]
Louisa Offline

It's cold, but a gorgeous clear night. I didn't have a problem seeing it, only staying outside. Brrrr.

#143118 - 02/21/08 07:40 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Louisa]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Was it only visible from North America? TV did not carry the news of a lunar eclipse here. Unless I was not paying attention, of course. Never observed a lunar but remember the experience with the solar eclipse of late '90's. That was exciting and eerie at the same time.

Yonuh, you've got any of the shots to share here?

#143119 - 02/21/08 09:43 AM Re: Total eclipse [Re: Lola]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
The eclipse was beautiful...started out as an eerie gray color and then very red....very beautiful on a perfect starlit night. I have to agree with my "neighbor" Louisa, it took many short peeks to see it....wayyyy too cold to linger very long!

#143120 - 02/21/08 12:22 PM Re: Total eclipse [Re: ladyjane]
Louisa Offline

I as talking to a woman who had seen it earlier. She was coming home from a town about 15 miles away. She wondered why I was standing outside. When I told her, she said she saw it earlier and it was halfway and it looked like a moon pie the way it was half white and half black. The moon finally got over to the back part of the building, but by then, it was over. Glad you got to see it too LJ. I don't know if it was just here Lola.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved