The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#216920 - 04/09/12 08:04 PM Mike Wallace Dies at 93
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Jabber has already noted that Mike Wallace died in her discussion about Thomas Kincaide, but I think this man deserves a discussion thread of his own.

The CBS magazine show "60 Minutes," which he was very much a part of, was once required Sunday night TV fare for me. You could be certain that co-workers would be discussing it in the breakroom Monday morning as they filled their mugs with coffee and chatted about their weekend activities. I guess that would have been in the mid-70s...

Who among us did not at one time or another have a nightmare about being ambushed by Mike Wallace for that show? I'm certain it kept a lot of people on the proverbial "straight and narrow." He was quite an interviewer.

Here's a well-written obit on him.

Does anyone have a favorite story he covered that they'd like to comment about? Here are links to 5 of his most infamous interviews, including the one with Barbra Streisand which is mentioned above.
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#216923 - 04/10/12 01:18 PM Re: Mike Wallace Dies at 93 [Re: Anne Holmes]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anne,
You are right about giving Mike Wallace his own discussion. I should've been more sensative to that. I watch 60 Minutes this day, as often as possible. The interview Mike Wallace did with Warren Beatty's sister, Shirley MacLaine, is interesting. She told him being nasty didn't become him; it almost sounded as if he was making fun her belief in reincarnation. I think Mr. Wallace's style of interviewing currently is practiced by many young journalists. Several of them use his type of pointedness when questioning those topping the news.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved