The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 114 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152101 - 06/25/08 07:22 PM WARNING!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This was in a report I received earlier today and sent to everyone on my mailing list.

This is a recent happening. A woman went for a leisurely day of boating with her husband. In the cooler compartment they placed beer bottles for him and pop cans for her.

Later in the day they were happily boating and drinking their refreshing cold drinks. She became ill about the time they started back, deathly ill a few hours later. She ended up in ICU that evening and was pronounced 'dead' the next day.

Upon further examination it was stated that she died of LEPTOSPIROSIS, which means from rats urine and fecal matter contamination. It seems the can tops were full of the stuff. Not seen but there on the cans.

Cans are shipped to vermon infested warehouses once made and filled with a beverage, and thats where they may sit for an unlimited amount of time with these rats climbing all over them, peeing and deficating.

These cans are "NOT" washed before going to the stores or when in the stores, so please warn your kids to never drink from a can or make sure they wash it thoroughly first.

This is not a joke, its true and scary. Maybe only one in a few are infected but do you want to take the chance that can in your or your kids hand is the one???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#152102 - 06/25/08 07:36 PM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Mountain Ash Offline

I have been told this before.Nasty.

As children my cousin had been swimming in a dam made in his local river.he was seriously ill due to rats presence in the water.I remember him having septic spots all over and needed careful nursing.He could not lift his head from the pillow.The river did not look dirty..
As we shared Granparents they made me very aware of taking care.He lived near coal mines and dumped sandwiches were the attraction for the vermin.As farmers my other relatives took extra care with rubbish ect. and never took chances.Each can was washed like new before being stored to await collection.
Incinerators for combustible stuff.And never feeding any birds..it was not worth it.
I continue to take care but do feed the song birds on a table..but never near dark,
Mountain ash

#152103 - 06/25/08 11:39 PM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Q_ball Offline

Loc: Ozarks
Well Bless my Momma {RIP}, even back in the early days of canned sodas, she would bring them home run a sink of soapy water, wash and dry every last can before putting it in the refridgerator. Sorry Mommy for laughing at you. I did hear something about this years ago, but thought the standards of storage had been raised. Thanks Chatty for the update. I will be sure to inform my boys of this too. Hummmm, I wonder about hubby's beer cans? Kidding. That does bring up a question, would one assume that the cans bought in cardboard cartons might be less likely to be infected?

#152104 - 06/26/08 08:56 AM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Q_ball]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I never liked canned drinks. I always thought they had a light metalic taste to them. But I will pass this information on. This is def. a frightening report.

#152105 - 06/26/08 09:04 AM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
That's why I always use a drinking straw. I even pack a few spares in my bag.

Thanks, Chat. The storage and the risks associated with it never crossed my mind. And to think that in London, we're never 10 feet away from a rat or mouse. It's actually common to see mice play on the railtracks in the underground rail system here. Will pass on the info as well.

#152106 - 06/26/08 11:26 AM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Lola]
Mountain Ash Offline

Mice on the railtracks..really.As you are standing there Lola ??

In Paris I saw vermin in the gutters at the side of the road..and this was in a select hotel area. In Thailand cats caught rats as people shopped in markets..My son says he got used to seing this...on his visit there.
Storage of food is important..

Beer I would imagine it will be the ame risk..
Mountain ash

#152107 - 06/26/08 11:53 AM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh yes, MA. They just scurry along the tracks like nobody's business especially in the deeper levels. Makes tourists yelp.

http://www.derelictlondon.com/rats_and_pigeons.htm

#152108 - 06/26/08 01:21 PM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Chatty,
Thank you 4 the warning; I never gave that any headroom.
WOW! From now on, I'll wash whatever cans I use. I mostly
drink water but when we're RV'ing I drink soda, from the can no less. Geese...that's scary!!!

#152109 - 06/26/08 01:28 PM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: jabber]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lola I read the article, and my hair is standing on end!
"Every hour in London 4000 rats are born! "...
Where's the Piped Piper when you need him? Do you know why the rat problem is so bad in London? I'm sure every city has them, but I don't know if it is that extreme.

#152110 - 06/26/08 01:59 PM Re: WARNING!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Well....ahem...cough...spurt...okay, here goes...now pay attention Edelweiss...ahem..cough...see there are two rats. A girl rat, and a boy rat. Well, they like each other and ah...they ah....oh geeish. Well, they rat-a-toooo-lee...k? And out comes more rats.

Good grief woman...didn't you learn anything in the high school gym locker room?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved