The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#54203 - 03/27/06 11:42 PM Possible Riots?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It's beginning to get kind of ugly in AZ with the Hispanics and the threat of sending them back to Mexico.

I love the Spanish people and they are such hard workers and do the jobs that other people refuse to do but it is draining the resources of the state.

How do you gals feel about it?

#54204 - 03/28/06 02:09 AM Re: Possible Riots?
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Dianne: Many things happening are unfair for the country and some are unfair for the hispanics. I pray we find a way to help each other without hurting this great country more.

[Cool] This is a land of opportunities: A quilt sewn with people from all over the world. Hispanics are part of this beautiful quilt too! We can't rip a piece out without affecting it's beauty [Wink] !

#54205 - 03/28/06 02:10 AM Re: Possible Riots?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
No matter what is said here someone can and will probably take offense. I will say that my mothers sister, my Aunt married a Hispanic gentleman 55 years ago and both my sisters married men of Hispanic decent so there is no prejudice on my part when I say that I believe any and all immigrants should come here legally. I don't care what jobs they do. I don't believe any nationality is better than any other one and this country has rules of admittance and they should be adhered to by all....Illegal is just that and when you are illegal in any sense of the word you're taking a chance of the consequences....

#54206 - 03/28/06 02:59 AM Re: Possible Riots?
Songbird Offline

Chatty: I agree this is a tough issue [Roll Eyes] .

And I'm Hispanic too, although I was born in this great land.

[Smile] I agree about coming here legally! I believe in doing things the right way and abiding by the rules. God doesn't expect less!

But I am not in their shoes. Still, I wish we found a way to help others without hurting this country more!

#54207 - 03/28/06 04:02 AM Re: Possible Riots?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yeah, this is a sticky issue. Is it difficult for the Hispanic people to become legal or is it endless red tape?

#54208 - 03/28/06 04:25 AM Re: Possible Riots?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Neither its their refusal to be patient and do it legally like everyone else has to. They live close enough to slither under the radar in the darkness and then there are those crooks willing to take their money and sneak them across....Its wrong no matter what the reason and the laws need to be enforced....Gaining entrance to the US on a visa isn't that difficult to begin with its just that some do not want to be limited in the time they have to remain here before becoming a citizen...

#54209 - 03/28/06 05:27 PM Re: Possible Riots?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I am confused on this issue. The native in me sees America as God's land with no boundaries except His. I love the people of our neighboring countries, but the European in me is focused on ownership, boundaries, and laws. It seems impractical to allow illegals to live and work here without becoming tax-paying citizens.

As a patriot, I think it is more important to close our borders to our enemies than to our neighbors, but because it is difficult to determine who our enemies are, perhaps it is wise to close the borders to all.

Also, I wonder if some of the rioters are being paid to protest by those who benefit from hiring illegal aliens.??

smile

[ March 28, 2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#54210 - 03/28/06 06:25 PM Re: Possible Riots?
Songbird Offline

[Frown] Oh, believe me, unless you're married to an american citizen or your employer submits a formal request on your behalf, it is not that easy.

[Frown] For some it takes years unending, depending which country you're from. I am not saying coming illegal is OK, I'm just stating what I've seen happen to so many.
[Embarrassed] And there are always crooks, as Smile mentioned. Not only people who sneak others in, there are plenty of so called "immigration lawyers" who rip off people and do nothing for them. Again, I've seen this with my own eyes time and again.

It is a very sad experience for so many.

Still, there are many great and truthful lawyers, that tell you things how they are and help you submit the right forms, etc.

This is a very complicated issue. [Roll Eyes] I do pray I never have to be in a position where I need to choose between enduring terrible living conditions where I am, or sneaking into another country to better my life and that of those for whom I'm supposed to provide.

I do understand that many illegal aliens make it harder on the rest due to their behavior. The "bad apples" make it harder for our government to come up with a uniform solution for all.

#54211 - 03/28/06 07:17 PM Re: Possible Riots?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Actually, they do pay taxes. They also pay social security taxes, which they will never be able to use. But, they can also get medical care and not pay for it or for insurance. I should be so lucky. [Smile]

It's such a complicated thing. I don't think we should allow just anyone to enter our country and make money only to take that money back into their country. Some claim they take jobs from the Americans but I've never seen that. I've only seen them work jobs the American's don't want to work.

#54212 - 03/28/06 09:21 PM Re: Possible Riots?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I saw a TV show about illegals who got welfare supported medical care and other services. I thought they were saying they didn't pay taxes, but I suppose they would have taxes taken out of anything they earn. Of course maybe not if they clean or garden or something. I'm pretty sure my daughter's cleaning lady is an illegal, but she never asked.

They also had a guy on TV who made millions by hiring other illegals to do landscaping, but never became a citizen. Now his business might suffer and he might have to leave the country.

I guess Americans have become too uppity to do some work. It's a difficult question.

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved