The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#54490 - 02/24/06 08:12 AM To kill an American
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I just got this and would like to share it. I thank this Australian dentist for his insight!
---Songbird----

Written by an Australian Dentist...

To Kill an American [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

You probably missed it in the rush of news last week, but there was actually a report that someone in Pakistan had published in a newspaper
an offer of a reward to anyone who killed an American, any American.

So an Australian dentist wrote an editorial the following day to let everyone know what an American is, so they would know when they found
one. (Good one, mate!!!!)

"An American is English, or French, or Italian, Irish, German, Spanish,Polish, Russian or Greek. An American may also be Canadian, Mexican,
African, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Australian, Iranian, Asian,or Arab, or Pakistani or Afghan.

An American may also be a Comanche, Cherokee, Osage, Blackfoot, Navaho,Apache, Seminole or one of the many other tribes known as native
Americans. An American is Christian, or he could be Jewish, or Buddhist,or Muslim. In fact, there are more Muslims in America than in
Afghanistan. The only difference is that in America they are free to worship as each of them chooses.

An American is also free to believe in no religion. For that he will answer only to God, not to the government, or to armed thugs claiming to speak for the government and for God.

An American lives in the most prosperous land in the history of the world. The root of that prosperity can be found in the Declaration of
Independence, which recognizes the God given right of each person to the pursuit of happiness.

An American is generous. Americans have helped out just about every other nation in the world in their time of need, never asking a thing in
return.

When Afghanistan was over-run by the Soviet army 20 years ago, Americans came with arms and supplies to enable the people to win back their
country!

As of the morning of September 11, Americans had given more than any other nation to the poor inAfghanistan. Americans welcome the best of
everything...the best products, the best books, the best music, the best food, the best services. But they also welcome the least.

The national symbol of America, The Statue of Liberty, welcomes your tired and your poor, the wretched refuse of your teeming shores, the
homeless, tempest tossed. These in fact are the people who built America. Some of them were working in the Twin Towers the morning of
September 11, 2001 earning a better life for their families. It's been told that the World Trade Center victims were from at least 30 different countries, cultures, and first languages, including those that aided and
abetted the terrorists.

So you can try to kill an American if you must. Hitler did. So did General Tojo, and Stalin, and Mao Tse-Tung, and other blood-thirsty tyrants in the world. But, in doing so you would just be killing yourself. Because Americans are not a particular people from a particular place. They are the embodiment of the human spirit of
freedom. Everyone who holds to that spirit, everywhere, is an American.

Please keep this going!
Pass this around the World? then pass it around again. It says it all, for all of us!

#54491 - 02/24/06 08:17 AM Re: To kill an American
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Songbird...this is powerful...I have goosebumps!!
Thanks for posting it...it's nice to read something positive to start my day....

#54492 - 02/23/06 09:03 PM Re: To kill an American
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Goosebumps here, too. I love this country so much and would never want to live anywhere else. We have a lot of problems to straighten out, but we have so much heart and spirit in this land, and I pray that we will turn to God to help us do it.

#54493 - 02/23/06 10:27 PM Re: To kill an American
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
songbird, it's just like you to post this here. Thank you.

How anyone can kill another human is foreign to me.

#54494 - 02/23/06 10:36 PM Re: To kill an American
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Songbird, add me to the goosebumps list. I was feeling really bad about a "hate letter" that appeared in the paper today, and reading your post made me decide these people are in the minority.

Thanks for sharing something beautiful!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved