The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 107 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#181348 - 05/03/09 04:14 PM My Best Freinds Dad
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Hi ladies, I have just recieved a phone call from one of my best long term freinds father passed today. Can I please pray for Christine and her family so that they can get through this really sad time.

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#181349 - 05/03/09 04:15 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: Poppie]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Of course, Poppie!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#181350 - 05/03/09 04:37 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: yonuh]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Your friends are our friends, Poppie...you have our prayers. One of my closest friends lost her dad last week as well.

#181357 - 05/03/09 07:31 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Absolutely. MIght your friend be in the class photo you posted?

Had he been sick or was it sudden? I don't know which is worse.

#181364 - 05/03/09 08:21 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
No, Christine is a couple of years yonger than me Dots, and went to a different school in here little town not a stones throw away from my hometown. Her Papa was poorly off and on for just over a year now, both him and the Mom were in the same Care Centre for about the same time. The Mom has dementia which has become increasingly worse. Christine (with all her 9 kids) took a part-time job in the care home so that she could be closer to them and could help with settling them down. She hasen't had a break from caring for her own brood, her parents, whichever of her brothers and sisters are getting it tough and lastly from her Hubby who is so insecure sometimes and lets his anger get the better of him. If problems are not solved in that respect, I fear for her overall health and emotional safety. She is the youngest of a family of 11, but seems to get lumbered with everyones crisis and chaos. Thanks forthe prayers and kindness, she sure as heck needs the support from wherever she can get it

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#181404 - 05/04/09 02:54 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks for painting a better picture of her situation. I will surely keep all of them in prayer.

Our generation is surely feeling the affects of caring for our aging parents.

Edited by Dotsie (05/04/09 02:55 PM)

#182169 - 05/14/09 04:08 PM Re: My Best Freinds Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Poppie: We'll be praying for Christine and her family as well. Life is so short... You never know when will be the last tiem you have to express love, gratitude, and care for our loved ones.
Please, take care. Blessings.
NABBW & NAWW

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved