The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#162883 - 10/16/08 04:04 PM Homemade Chicken Pot Pie
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies, I don't know if you like Chicken Pot Pies, but if you do, this simple recipe makes the best pie in the world. It will make you slap your grandmaw, it's soooo good, and easy. I've made it twice. The first time was for one of my son's and his family. They let me have small bite then told me to get lost. LOL!

The second one I made a few days ago for ME, ME, ME. I tell ya...as Mamma Red says, nummy, nummy! Here tis...

1 large can of chicken, drained
2 pie crusts (frozen, not cooked)
1/4 cup Bisquick
1 16 oz. Vegetable Medley, drained (I get the one that has potatoes already in it so I don't have to get another can of potatoes)
1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/3 cup water (can add more if you want)
Ms Dash (or regular salt, I use Sea salt for mine)

This is really hard. Mix everything together and pour into the first pie shell...then turn the second pie shell upside down and place it over the mixture. Press the edges together. Cut a few slits in the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Eat till you're miserable. (Optional)

I figured this cost me 6.60 (actually less) to make and you get 3-4 meals off of it if you live alone, like me.

#162885 - 10/16/08 04:45 PM Re: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I made one, or what was close to one, out of a box last week. My DH was asking for more...
Thanks so much for this recipe... now, I can make it fresh and without a 'box' taste. He'll be making the pie crust, though. That's what he gets for coming from a restaurant family... heehee.

#162919 - 10/16/08 07:06 PM Re: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie [Re: gims]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
OH JJ...that sounds, well, nummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin...thanks for sharing such a simple recipe!

As for eat till you're miserable...that's optional? Dang, why didn't someone tell me sooner! I thought that was a requirement!

Hope you're having a "kick-butt-and-take-names" day!!!!!!!!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#162936 - 10/16/08 09:36 PM Re: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie [Re: Mama Red]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Wow Gims...you have a hubby who can make pie crust? Can I be jealous? Does he rent out?

Youbetcha MR---it's been a GRAND day in the neighborhooooood!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved