The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#47449 - 05/30/04 11:24 PM Orange Fluff and Strawberry Creme Pie
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
INGREDIENTS-ORANGE FLUFF :

1 1/2 cups Smuckers Sugar free Orange Marmelade.
1 cup Smuckers Sugar free Apricot preserves.
1 (16oz) container nonfat cottage cheese.
1 (3oz) packages sugar free orange flavored gelatin mix.
1 (16oz) container "lite" non-dairy whipped topping, thawed.

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, combine the marmelade and preserves; mix together with the cottage cheese.

Add dry orange gelatin powder and stir until well blended.

Fold in thawed whipped topping and refrierate mixture for at least an hour...Serve ice cold.
I top with dolop od cool whip ans several very thin orange slices. Makes 8servings. [Big Grin]

INGREDIENTS - STRAWBERRY CREME PIE

1 quart fresh medium strawberries
1 tablespoon Splenda or Equal (equals 1 1/2 pkts.)
Pastry for single crust 9 inch pie, baked.
1 package (8oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, softened.
1 cup vanilla flavored light non-fat yogurt.
1/4 cup Splenda or Equal (equals 6 packets)
1 tablespoon lemon juice

DIRECTIONS:

Remove stems from several strawberries and slice to make 1 cup.
Toss with 1 tablespoon Splenda. Spread on bottom of baked pie shell.
Beat creme cheese, yogurt, 1/4 cup Splenda and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until swmooth and fluffy.
Spread over sliced strawberrys in pie shell.
Remove stems from all but one large strawberry. Cut berries lengthwise in half.
Place, cut side down, over cream cheese mixture, around outer edge of pie crust, with pointed end of berry facing center of pie.
Make several thin slits in last whole berry starting near top and going to pointed end.
Press gently with fingers to form "fan." Place in center of pie.
Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours before seving. Makes 8 servings. [Wink]

#47450 - 05/31/04 05:01 PM Re: Orange Fluff and Strawberry Creme Pie
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just wrote down the ingredients on my food store list. I'm making the strawberry pie for dinner tonight.

Chatty, I think you should write a sugar free cook book. I have several since my husband is a Diabetic, but none of the recipes ever appeal to me. Your's do! Maybe it's because I know how well you eat and take for granted they'll taste superb!

In years past I would make desserts with sugar and Ross would have a small taste, but now that my daughter's a Type II Diabetic I'm trying to do sugarless desserts because any bit of sugar raises her blood sugar and she doesn't take medicine to control it...only exercise. It stinks! [Mad]

Thanks for sharing! I'll let you know how it is!

#47451 - 05/31/04 06:08 PM Re: Orange Fluff and Strawberry Creme Pie
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, I say you write a 'sexy' sugar free cookbook. That hot dog recipe you shared would be a great entree and you could add a few sexy 'appetizers.' Whew!!!
Most of those sugar free cookbooks are so bland and so BORING!!! I'm positive you could get a sexy one published. And it would inspire the best form of exercise in the world. SEX!!

Of course Dotsie would have to hide it from her daughter, but her husband would love it....
smile

#47452 - 05/31/04 08:24 PM Re: Orange Fluff and Strawberry Creme Pie
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Chatty,
I agree with Dotsie and Smile.
We diabetics are looking for interesting, tasty and delicious recipes. I haven't found very many and am always asking for them.
I am type II also. Do take some pills.
Thanks,
Maggie

#47453 - 06/01/04 11:03 AM Re: Orange Fluff and Strawberry Creme Pie
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well ladies I might just do that. I am also type ll and refuse to lose taste and enjoyment because there sugar free. I serve all sugar free, low carb, low fat meals to ALL my guests and none even knows the difference. They do remark however that they never feel tired out or stuffed after one of my meals, and I serve plenty of food..... [Wink]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved