The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 185 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#151626 - 06/18/08 09:41 PM The Goodness of God
freedompioneer Offline

Loc: Osorno, Chile, South America
Hi, I'm new here, but nevertheless I wanted to share one (I've got lots ) of my most favorite Bible verses:

This week I have been pondering about the goodness of God.
While every Christian would readily consent that God is good, I have realized that we all need a greater revelation about how wonderfully good he really is.

I noticed that I sometimes fall short when it comes to excitedly expecting to experience that goodness, here and now, in every area of this life.

Psalm 27:13 reveals that we are to believe to see the goodness of God in this present life.

Without realizing it, I had stopped expecting something good to happen. I expected that today was going to be just like yesterday, and that some day in the future this verse would come true in my life.

I've determined to wake up each morning and praise God thanking Him for all the good things that will happen TODAY in the land of the living!

How much goodness of God are you really expecting to see...today?

We can raise our expectations up high, because God is able to do all things exceedingly and abundantly above anything we even dare to believe for (Ephesians 3:20).

#151627 - 06/19/08 05:33 AM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: freedompioneer]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:

How much goodness of God are you really expecting to see...today?

An immeasurable amount. There is a morning prayer that starts my day:

Lord, help me to live this day quietly, easily
To lean on Thy great strength trustfully and restfully
To await the unfolding of Thy will patiently and serenely
To meet others peacefully and joyously
That I may face tomorrow confidently and courageously

#151628 - 06/19/08 07:21 AM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: Lola]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
If you check the etymology of the word 'good,' you'll find it is a derivation of the OE word 'god.'

Remember the Sunday School song:
Praise Him, Praise Him
All you little children
God is Good, God is Good

God has been on my mind a lot lately... not in a typical day at the alter sense... more of trying to be in him, way... like hip to hip.
As a child - I'm sure I wasn't alone - I pictured him sitting on this mongo throne in the heavens, attendants on either side. Grey hair and beard blowing in a celestial breeze. Muscles in bulk, deep thunderous voice, ready to judge... some of that hell fire and brimstone teaching!
The image hasn't been a life's worth, as God has come to me in so many ways throughout my later years. To wonder what goodness he has for me on any given day has never crossed my mind. Honestly, my thoughts and efforts have mostly been trying to stay 'good' from this end of judgement. Working on that part of my relationship with him, because I am basically perfect just the way I am - good in him, by him, for him, because of him. Can't say that I make him better, though.
I'll check as the sun rises today... anticipate the goodness he brings my way on June 19th. This should be interesting.

#151629 - 06/19/08 11:34 AM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
My mother is the best example of expecting Good(God) to come of the day. Every morning of my life she would sling open the front door and holler, "Morning World!" with joy and happiness. This was her way of saying thank you Lord for another day. She still does this. To me a person must expect a lot of good to happen that day to be so full of joy...yes?

I need to adopt that practice!

#151630 - 06/19/08 08:24 PM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The very first thing I do everyday of my life is say a little prayer I found years ago and I start my day knowing God loves me and today is another chance for me to prove I might be worthy of His love...and of having this new day.

Here is that prayer:

Beloved heart of Jesus, I offer to you all that I am and all that I may do this day. . . praying it may be worthy of Your love and pleasing to You.

May my words be only sincere and wise, my work honest and true and my thoughts ever kind and merciful.

Let me listen with my heart as You do, and readily give my help to all in need.

I give you my joys and accept any trials that may come knowing You are near and will draw me closer to Your loving heart.

Divine heart of Jesus, be with me always.

#151631 - 06/27/08 07:27 PM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: freedompioneer]
savvygrandmother Offline

Loc: texas
A great reminder. If we open keep our eyes open, God is indeed faithful to show us his goodness everyday, usually in unexpected ways. Thank you for the reminder.

"Grandmothers are a new kind of breed. I know I am one. Baby boomers are changing the face of grandparenting for the 21st century." www.martynorman.com, http://savvygrandmothers.blogspot.com

#151632 - 06/30/08 06:39 PM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: savvygrandmother]
Songbird08 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hello and welcome here, to both freedompioneer and savvygrandmother.

Oh, God is soooooo good! Yes, I believe we should have a positive outlook on life each day, as God is ever so willing to bless us and bring good things to his children.

In fact, He is so good that the sun shines over the faithful and unfaithful...

JJ, what a great way to start the day! Cheerfulness heals the body and mind.
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

#151633 - 06/30/08 06:43 PM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: Songbird08]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
freedom, thanks for being here and sharing the gospel from your perspective. It's beautiful.

I continue to try to learn to look for the good in everything/everyone. Thanks for the reminder.

#151634 - 07/01/08 12:05 AM Re: The Goodness of God
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I too am thankful for the reminder. Thanking the Creator for all He has done really is one of the most significant ways we can communicate with and worship Him.

Blessings, Francine

#151635 - 07/01/08 11:45 PM Re: The Goodness of God [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

My mother is the best example of expecting Good(God) to come of the day. Every morning of my life she would sling open the front door and holler, "Morning World!" with joy and happiness. This was her way of saying thank you Lord for another day. She still does this. To me a person must expect a lot of good to happen that day to be so full of joy...yes? I need to adopt that practice!

JJ, I just wanted to tell you that I think of your Mom every morning now, since reading this post. I start every day saying good morning to God, and it's heartfelt, but not joyfully expectant. I'm working my way there...but I get a spark of joy every time I think of your Mom starting her day with that wonderful burst of joy...I want that too! God must love her morning greeting - He probably waits for it every morning!

(Maya Angelou)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved