Hi everybody,

I'd like to announce the opening of my new blog, which is the precursor to my second book. It's called D'Amour Road and it's about a woman in Ottawa, Ontario who goes missing.

Lisa Campana is a sober alcoholic, who has just experienced a major slip. When Lisa disappears, her best friend Tara's life is thrown into turmoil. Tara is not sure if Lisa has jeopardized her sobriety again by going on a drinking binge, or if she has been harmed by her partner, who has a history of battering.

Tara joins a massive search for her friend in conjunction with the police, her colourful women's collective, and a 24-year-old man, whom she finds particularly captivating.

D'Amour Road explores themes as diverse as women's friendships, male violence, wrongful convictions, addiction, cultural biases against aging, unrequited love and infidelity. I have tried to make Tara quirky and funny to relieve some of the darkness of the story.

The book is in its final stages of editing and should be available from Lulu Inc. sometime within the next 4 -- 8 weeks. I will keep you posted when the book is published. Meanwhile, please visit my site :-)

Thanks! Sigrid

http://damourroad.blogspot.com/