The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 71 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40590 - 06/15/05 12:05 AM My Screenplay
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I mentioned several months ago that the tv writer, ex husband of my girlfriend, (confused yet?) was willing to help me with my screenplay. He's still working on it!!!!! I can't tell you how funny he is in his emails. His ex told me he used to to stand up comedy in LA to learn the art of comedy and that's what he does...writes tv, comedy sitcoms.

So, he's still working on it in between his other writing and going through a divorce and trying to sell his house. He's put a ton of hours into it. He said he doesn't know how to just read and make notes but ends up rewriting the entire thing and says he can't help it, it's a mental condition!

So, I wait. Happily wait and am so grateful for his help.

#40591 - 06/16/05 01:39 AM Re: My Screenplay
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I do remember you telling us this. Have you given him a deadline? Or are you just happy he's willing to help, and you'll take it when it's finished.

Can you tell us what it's about? You know Smilinize also writes plays. Who else?

#40592 - 06/16/05 02:19 AM Re: My Screenplay
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's hard to give someone a deadline who isn't being paid for their work. [Razz] I'm simply thankful that's he's putting so much time into it and knows what he's doing, unlike myself.

It's based on a true story about three women who become close friends because of one creepy man that is in all of their lives. In my screenplay though, I kill him off. Wishful thinking perhaps?

I'd love to hear from other screenplay writers.

#40593 - 06/16/05 03:27 AM Re: My Screenplay
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Loved the screenplay Dianne and couldn't stop reading until the end, the one male character was such a scoundrel he deserved being killed off. The ending was a real kicker, hope he doesn't rewrite it too much... [Cool]

#40594 - 06/16/05 06:50 PM Re: My Screenplay
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Thanks Chatty. I'm thinking I should buy stock in red ink because I'm sure it will go up in price after he's finished. I've really enjoyed his emails tho. He's a character.

#40595 - 06/18/05 04:49 AM Re: My Screenplay
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Dianne,

Where will you submit the screenplay when you're finished? Just curious. I would love to turn my book into a screenplay. My sister works in Hollywood and she said that she could send me the format but it sounds like a lot of work. What will you do with yours when you're done?

Sigrid

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved