The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40404 - 04/27/05 05:18 AM D'Amour Road is available in print!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Hey, everyone:

D'Amour Road is finally available in print. For those who have missed my other posts, it's the story of two women in Ottawa who are about to turn 40. One of them goes missing, and the other launches a search team to find her best friend along with the police, her colourful women's collective and a younger man, whom she finds particularly captivating.

The book explores a number of themes including female friendships, violence against women, how to determine guilt and innocence, addiction, cultural biases against aging, and the painful phenomenon of unrequited love.

D'Amour Road is available as an e-book or a 6 x 9 paperback from Lulu, Inc. at http://people.lulu.com/users/index.php?fHomepage=111188 . It costs $14/US in print and $5/US for the electronic version. Canadians may wish to purchase the book directly from me for $18 Canadian to reduce the cost of shipping from Rochester, New York.

You can read more about the book on my blog at http://damourroad.blogspot.com/ .

I have mentioned the Boomer Women Speak forum in my acknowledgment section and thanked all of the awesome people here for their ongoing encouragement and support. I've also created a "sanitized" version of the book in case anyone is offended by a handful of swear words. That book is not available on Lulu, but it can be obtained from me for the same price.

Thanks for helping me every step of the way :-)

Sigrid

#40405 - 06/17/05 07:23 AM Re: D'Amour Road is available in print!
Dannye Offline

Loc: Prophetstown, IL
I read the "raw" version and trust me, there is no need for sanitizing! I have included below the review that I wrote for Sigrid.

REVIEW of D'Amour Road

In an auspicious debut novel, D'Amour Road, Sigrid Macdonald draws the reader into the free-flowing associative thinking of Tara Roberts, whose mid-life crisis is punctuated by a desperate search for her best friend, Lisa, her life sponsor, the one to whom she turns when she trips over life. Lisa's disappearance drives Tara headlong into the complex psychological and social dilemmas that define her mid-life crisis.

With stunning originality, Macdonald thrusts readers into a non-stop ride that explores both the mundane and the soul-stirring themes that color the human landscape. In a well-conceived metaphor, Macdonald establishes D'Amour Road, the road of love, where Lisa's car is abandoned as the focal point in the search for Lisa as well as the psychological search for Tara. Beginning with doubts about everything, Tara's search ends in certainties that are rooted in love and trust in herself­certainties that transform the old age of her youth into the youth of her old age.

Review by Dannye Williamsen, co-author of IT'S YOUR MOVE! Transform Your Dreams from Wishful Thinking to Reality.

#40406 - 06/18/05 04:47 AM Re: D'Amour Road is available in print!
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Thank you, Dannye! It was so beautiful of you to read my book and to write such a glowing review. I really can't wait to read your
book :-)

God bless! Sigrid

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved