The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#40026 - 03/04/05 09:28 PM AuthorHouse Pay Day
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi, Prill, Sigrid, and anyone else with AuthorHouse: do you ever question that the quarterly reports are honest and accurate? It seems that my checks are always smaller than anticipated. For the last quarter, my check was a whopping $16.00. For all the people that say they've read my book, it makes me wonder. Anyone else? LLL

#40027 - 03/06/05 03:36 AM Re: AuthorHouse Pay Day
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Lynn,
I know someone who recently self-published his book through Authorhouse. One of the writer's in my group did a book review on the book for the newspaper. This person paid $5300 for 4 books and a few doo-dads. No editing or marketing, as you know. His book is in a local bookstore here, but I'm sure that was his doing. He's a prominent figure here. From what I've been reading on the forums and what I've heard from a few people I know who did this, it sounds like a big rip-off to me. What are they getting paid to actually do?
Louisa

#40028 - 03/06/05 04:18 AM Re: AuthorHouse Pay Day
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Lynn, find a way to check our their financials. There has to be some way you can audit them. That doesn't make any sense. Have you questioned them about this? Of course if you do, it will alert them. I think this really sucks!

#40029 - 03/07/05 10:53 AM Re: AuthorHouse Pay Day
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Lynn - $16? That's crazy. They said they owe me $246 or something BUT they want to withhold 30% in tax. I told them there's a tax treaty with Canada that says they can't withhold more than 15%, but I never heard back from them. Plus, I haven't been paid yet and I can't do my taxes without their forms! They are so frustrating to work with :-(

Yeah, must be some way to check up on them. Good luck!
S.

#40030 - 03/08/05 08:42 AM Re: AuthorHouse Pay Day
Sigrid Macdonald Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Lynn, I've been thinking about your situation. It just doesn't make any sense especially if you have an Amazon rating that shows that your books are selling.

In the past, when I've had problems with AH, I would call my Representative and ask who her supervisor was. Then I would say that I would like to speak to that person's supervisor! I tried to get to the top of the ladder and several times, that did resolve the issue.

If you ever want to talk about this on e-mail, write to me at sigrid@primus.ca . There are some things about the publishing company that I'm just not comfortable talking about in a public forum :-) You understand. Best, Sigrid

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved