The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#38788 - 10/26/04 04:23 AM Penwomanship writing opportunity
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
New Women Writers' Magazine
Atlanta, GA - Oct. 13 - Attention women writers!!Do you have short stories or poetry looking for a place to be published? Doyou have something to say or to share in a personal essay but can't find aplace to share it?

April 2005 is the launch date for "Penwomanship," a magazine for the creativewoman writer.

"In searching for places to publish my own writing, I realized the selectionwas very limited," says Penny White, publisher of the new monthly periodical. "While there are many magazines which publish fiction and poetry, there arevery few which publish strictly women's writing. I decided it was time to dosomething about it.

"The magazine will contain 48 pages of women's writing and artwork. Although seeking original submissions for the magazine, White likes to thinkof it as a type of "Reader's Digest for women's writing." I hope women will be motivated and inspired to write about their personalexperiences," says White. "All submissions we receive will be considered forpublication.

"But what's with the name of the magazine?White smiles. "There is an interesting story behind that. And that story canbe found on the website."

The website, Penwomanship , currently contains some of White's ownwriting until she receives submissions from other women writers to put on thesite.

Submissions can be made via submissions@penwomanship.com in the body of the e-mail only. Attachments will be deleted unopened.

Submissions may also besnail-mailed to Penwomanship, P.O. Box 235, Pine Lake, GA 30072-0235.

For more details, please read the submissions guidelines on the website. Pay iscurrently five contributors' copies until the magazine is able to paycontributing writers.

White hopes to accomplish this within the next two years. Subscriptions are also available via the website at introductory rates. A printable subscription form is also available on the website.For more information contact Ms. White at penny@penwomanship.com.

#38789 - 10/26/04 04:52 AM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
thanks for sharing. i primarily write essays. so, i'll definitely work something up and submit!

#38790 - 10/26/04 04:09 PM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for sharing Dian!

#38791 - 10/26/04 09:02 PM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Another door that swings open [Smile] ! Thank God from whom all blessings flow... [Wink] And thanks for sharing, Dian.

#38792 - 10/27/04 04:07 AM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Sounds terrific. Thanks! [Smile]

#38793 - 10/29/04 10:58 PM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
TVC15 Offline

Dian,
I wanted to thank you again. I just heard from the publisher and she has accepted one of my essays. It is going to appear at her website starting this weekend and then it will be printed in the first issue of her magazine. I'm so excited!
Robin

#38794 - 10/30/04 06:43 AM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
Queen Me Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Okay, motivation for getting back to the drawing board. I completely forgot about this [Embarrassed]

#38795 - 10/30/04 03:38 PM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
TVC15 Offline

My story is posted already!

WWW.Penwomanship.com

Click on Stories and it's the first one there.
If you click on Personal Essays, you will find that the second story posted there is by someone very familiar to us also!
Robin

#38796 - 10/30/04 05:59 PM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Robin, what a touching story. True? Fiction? Very good! Whichever - loved it.

Donna

#38797 - 10/31/04 07:17 AM Re: Penwomanship writing opportunity
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Robin,
I was right there in the car with you and had the nicest visual of your grannie's cross. This was a very moving (no pun intended) story and I felt your saddness as well. Isn't it funny how you were called back there mentally right after you kissied the cross? It is almost like your grannie was looking out for you...reminding you in the form of an analogy (jewels), to go back, take what you need, and leave the rest. Which is just what you did. I just loved the story. Thanks for sharing it. Well written!

JJ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved