The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 112 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181436 - 05/04/09 10:58 PM Chocolate!
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Chocoholic here! Anyone else?

I mean...I crave chocolate and need a "chaser" after a meal. When I know there is no chocolate in the house (like now), I get cranky!

My fav chocolates are Ghirardelli (no more Hersheys or Nestles for me!). Just this past Easter I purchased (ordered on line) lots of chocolate from our childhood chocolate store. My Solid Chocolate Bunny, Chocolate eggs, and 2 boxes of chocolates (1 lb each) came to my doorstep in no time flat! Added to the order was a nice lb bag of jelly beans for a nice mix of treats.

NOW, they are gone. What's a chocoholic to do??

What's your fav chocolate treat?

#181454 - 05/05/09 03:15 AM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Anything chocolate but especially Cadbury's anything! Chocolate syrup on chocolate ice cream is good, too! LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#181455 - 05/05/09 03:21 AM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Di]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm a chocoholic. I have so many favourites, it's impossible to choose. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I like dark chocolate, mostly I crave milk chocolate, though lately I've been devouring anything with chocolate and peanut butter together.

I don't like Nestle or Cadbury, and only some Hershey products. We both like Planter's chocolate covered cashews. We buy mostly Belgium-style chocolate products, but we pretty much only buy what's on sale (eg, we buy lots of stuff after the big holidays like Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Mother's Day and Hallowe'en).

One day we were in the drug store waiting for a prescription, browsing through the post-Easter candy aisle. The manager came along and marked everything 85% off...well, we scooped about $100 worth of chocolate and paid only about $15 for a cart full of some of the best brands of chocolate on the market. We're still making our way through some of that stuff!

One thing is that we're both well-disciplined and will only eat a little bit at a time. It IS nice to have that little chocolate fix to finish up a meal.

(Maya Angelou)

#181460 - 05/05/09 04:32 AM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
I read through the posts and as I was doing so I reached out and plucked a piece from a candy bar laying by the computer. I had been thinking of getting the last glazed donut to polish off tonight so I won't have to face it tomorrow when I try to, once again, decide to eat better. UH - HUH!

Then I clicked out of the thread and noticed you had put it in the Enjoyable Hobbies section. I'm now sitting here LOL'ing all by myself thinking that was the perfect place to put it Di. It totally is the most enjoyable hobbie to sit and enjoy a bit of chocolate. Mmmm, yummy!
www.tidedancer.com

#181461 - 05/05/09 04:35 AM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Sandpiper]
Di Offline

Eagle...now I need to go to Walgreens to see if there are any Easter candy clearance sales! I asked that childhood candy store if they had sales, but sadly no. The remelt so too bad for me.

And they have to ship on ice to the Southwest which would cost more in shipping, so NOW I have to wait 'til it cools down! DRAT!!

WILL WORK FOR CHOCOLATE!!!

#181502 - 05/05/09 03:39 PM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Di]
Di Offline

Hmmm, haven't gotten to the store for chocolate sales, so I made my chocolate syrup (made with honey) and drank chocolate milk this morning. But tomorrow.......chocolate, chocolate here I come!!

#181510 - 05/05/09 04:24 PM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Di]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
oh, you're much too late for easter chocolate! you have to go the day after Easter!

#181707 - 05/07/09 08:10 PM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Madelaine]
Di Offline

Here's my latest chocolate fixer-upper...

http://store.hebertcandies.com/hefulodachbl.html

The blueberry bar is...WAS delicious. Going back for more today!!

#181740 - 05/07/09 10:29 PM Re: Chocolate! [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
These looked so yummy and healthy too, I ordered a box of 12. They ship UPS Ground so will be in a cool gtruck before getting to me. Hopefully not all melted.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#181742 - 05/07/09 10:44 PM Re: Chocolate! [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Twelve!!! Oh My Chatty! Looks like they include s/h. Here at Dollar General they are $1 each so the 50c/bar for shipping is not bad.

I just got more...the Raspberry and Blueberry. The dark chocolate does not seem as "dark" with the fruit in them. I've found a local supplier for my "hobby"!

Edited by Di (05/07/09 10:46 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved