The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#177104 - 03/14/09 09:07 PM I'm embarrassed
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm embarrassed to have been away for so long...I do check in from time to time to see what everyone's up to...I do think of you all...and I miss not knowing the newbee's.
I'm still plugging away at my son and future daughter-in-law's quilt...I'm approximately 12 inches all the way around the edge from being finished...the quilting guild surprised me by announcing they need all quilts entered in the show for judging be in a month earlier than I thought, so I'm having to spend more time than ever quilting. I'll never hand-quilt another king size quilt ever in my life again...I started last June and cannot believe how long it's taking me.
When I'm finished I'll post a picture and please keep your fingers crossed that I finish it in time for the quilt show in May. John and Stephanie's wedding isn't until October so if for some reason I don't make the quilt show I am sure it will be finished in time for the wedding...(fingers crossed)
Miss you all so much!!!!!

#177109 - 03/14/09 09:24 PM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Missed you too, Dee. But, if one has to beaver away at a quilt for a very special occasion, you must beaver away. Actually thought of you a few days ago when they had something in the news about the latest Harry Potter film.

#177121 - 03/14/09 10:49 PM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: Lola]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi Dee..

I`m not around that much either..but I am veery glad to have caught you here when you made a short visit yourself!!!

Good luck with your quilt!!! You are creating something that will be handed down from generation to generation..you realize that?

Hugs..so many angel hugs!!!

#177226 - 03/16/09 12:56 AM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So happy to know you are okay and just busy. So you decided to give them the quilt huh! I hope they appreciate all the work and love that has gone into it.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177306 - 03/16/09 09:09 PM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Hi Dee! Well you know how the saying goes;

When you quit quilting,
You'll stop jilting,
The girlfriends all around.
But as you know,
We love you so,
And will catch you on the rebound!

smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

#177349 - 03/16/09 11:38 PM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: Edelweiss3]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dee, we missed your voice! I'm sure the quilt will be done in time for the spring show -- see how much faith I have in you? smile

Poet and essayist

#177360 - 03/17/09 04:07 AM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: meredithbead]
chickadee Offline

Missed you too Dee. Maybe we can meet up someday when I get moved there...after the quilt is finished of course.

#177481 - 03/18/09 03:33 AM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: chickadee]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dee it's great to have you stop by even if it's for a quick visit. Your son and wife will truely enjoy and love the quilt.

I give you lots of credit for doing a quilt by hand. Tough job. But after seeing you other pictures of your projects I'm positive this one is beautiful.
www.tidedancer.com

#177482 - 03/18/09 03:37 AM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Wow!!!! Glad to hear from all you guys!!! Made my day! First,
LOLA: Can't wait for the new HP movie to come out...I was stunned that they didn't release it last November...can't wait until July!...or is is June?

HUMLAN: Hello dearest. I think of you often and wonder how you're doing...how your son is doing? What's going on in your life. You're tucked away in my heart...great big hugs to you.

CHATTY: Yes, I was at one point ready to make a bon fire out of it but changed my mind. I can only do my best and hope it's enough...if not, oh well. I spoke to my future DIL the other day and so that's progress...thanks for letting me vent to you when all that stuff was going on. Things are pretty much okay now.

EDELWEISS: Hey you across the pond!!! I love the Fasching photos...reminds me of the parades I saw in Wiesbaden...I have one on video somewhere...that was quite a few years back. I love you, too!!!
MERIDETH: You're a treasure!! Thanks for the faith...I need it at the moment!!! How is your jewelry business doing?

CHICKADEE!!! You're moving here? That would be so cool...when are you moving? How close to Mobile? We have got to get together...quilt or no quilt...I can put it down long enough to visit...always!!

Thanks again for all your well wishes...I love this place and love you all!!! Back to that #^$% quilt!!

#177483 - 03/18/09 03:38 AM Re: I'm embarrassed [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

SANDPIPER!!! Sorry, I didn't see your post there...must have snuck in on me. Thank you sweetheart...I hope they like it as well...if they let the dogs or cat on it I'll blow a gasket!!! LOL Hugs to you dearest!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved