The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#129566 - 10/17/07 02:40 PM Baseball, anyone?
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
We don't have a sports forum but I just KNOW there are Boomer women out there who do indulge! Football season is into full swing but I'm a die-hard radical Red Sox fan and the pain is growing daily with the play-offs against Cleveland....they've ALMOST got us. But if they do, even though it pains me, I have to say that they're well deserving if they get to the World Series. I remember how I felt in '04 when the Sox took the World Series....first time since 1918!!! Cleveland hasn't had the title since '48. Even so, I'm sleep deprived from staying up the past week and a half watching, then sadly dragging myself to bed. In '04, my wedding day coincided with the first game of the World Series....I had "GO SOX" signs on each table at the reception!....so when we got to the hotel, we jumped in the jacuzzi, then lying across the bed watching the game, fell asleep from total exhaustion of our big day! (You can tell we were in our 50's at this wedding!!) Everynight was spent in a pub watching the series all the way until the glorious night when my boys won! Anyway, just had to say something as it's a big deal right now and I know there are other sports fans out there!

#129567 - 10/17/07 08:05 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My Diamondbacks are out of the running. Darn.

My husband is an Indians fan so we've watched every game. Sammie is even yelling...Go-Go-Go now. Too funny.

I'm hooked on the play-offs and it's nice to know I'm not alone. Even if my team lost...boo-hoo.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129568 - 10/17/07 08:39 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: Dianne]
ladyjane Offline

I was really surprised that the Diamondbacks didn't take it but these are the interesting times of the year....you can be so surprised who goes and who stays! Still, I'm bummed out a little....but they've (my Sox) rallied before so who knows??

#129569 - 10/17/07 11:01 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Add another disappointed Diamondback fan to the ranks! Born and bred in Chicago, I was a die-hard Cubs fan before we got our team here. Needless to say, the playoffs against the Cubs were great fun for ms. We're awfully proud of our team, though; even though the Rockies beat us badly, we are a young team of no-name start who never dreamed we'd get this far. Just wait til next year!! (Now, I really DO sound like a Cubs' fan...hahaha)

http://www.thefellowshipofthedevastated.com

www.arivaevents.com

#129570 - 10/18/07 11:08 AM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: WizardofZA]
ladyjane Offline

Nail biting time....tonight will make 'em or break 'em! We will see. I'm pleased they made it this far so I have to be happy about that....right?

#129571 - 10/18/07 09:54 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm excited! The hub has business associates in town and is hoping they don't want to go out for dinner so he can come home and watch the game. The question is: what will we do once the playoffs are over? It's like when The Sopranos ended.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129572 - 10/18/07 10:35 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: Dianne]
ladyjane Offline

It is....we go into mourning for a period of time in our own way. But I will still proudly display my Red Sox banners on my car....and my "B" for Boston in the rear window that is now orange from the sun, instead of red. (*sighhhh*)

#129573 - 10/19/07 11:58 AM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....well, they made it once again.....7-1....hehehehe, hahahahahahaaaaaaaa
Sorry. Dianne, my condolences to the hubby. Yeah, I know, I know that they (my boys) would have to win both games this weekend to make it to the Series, but, hey, they've done it before. ALthough I must admit I'm not as excited as I could have been! The Sox are putting in Curt Schilling as pitcher on Saturday.....very, very poor choice. I think I need to call Tony Francona and have a talk with him about that one.

#129574 - 10/19/07 01:59 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: ladyjane]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, it was a spanking! That Beckett is a pitching machine. He's just amazing. The hub did a lot of moaning and groaning during the game. Told him he had to watch his language since the "kid" (Sammie) was in the room. It should be exciting this week end.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#129575 - 10/19/07 02:54 PM Re: Baseball, anyone? [Re: Dianne]
ladyjane Offline

hehehehe....I came out with a few unexpected words during the game but hubby didn't mind that Kito was in the room....not good!! Yeah, this weekend should definitely be exciting, especially if Schilling unexpectedly can't play...what a blessing it would be! (Sorry, that was mean)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved