The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36907 - 11/23/05 03:10 AM Teddy Bears
TheTeddyBearLady Offline

Loc: Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Wondering who on this forum collects Teddy Bears? What kind, who is the artist and how long have you been doing so?

I have been collecting for years. I love bears and other collectibles so much I opened a gift shop in the early 90's.

Patricia Twitchell
The Teddy Bear Lady of Myrtle Creek

#36908 - 11/24/05 08:28 AM Re: Teddy Bears
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
My daughter has way too many bears. At some point we need to get them organized. How do you display them?

#36909 - 11/24/05 08:47 AM Re: Teddy Bears
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey teddy bear lady, I have a musical about a real bear who falls in love with a teddy bear.

Just thought you might like to know.

smile

#36910 - 11/23/05 10:54 PM Re: Teddy Bears
ladybug Offline

I have several Boyd's Bears which I've been collecting for about 6 years now.

Some are brought only for holidays because of the outfits they are wearing. I have groups of them dressed for the four seasons and then change the groupings based on the seasons they're dressed for.

I have about four of them sitting on the foyer floor. One of them is sitting in a cute wooden chair.

#36911 - 11/24/05 05:30 AM Re: Teddy Bears
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I hate to tell you this I never had a teddy bear and wanted one . Not sure why I did not get one , but made sure my daughter ahd one or two . I never sleep with with any stuffed animal . My daughter had lots of stuffed animals. I had two dolls and that was it in my life. I had a doll house .

Did anyone have a favorite bear to sleep with . ?

#36912 - 11/27/05 03:03 AM Re: Teddy Bears
craftygal Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
I am a definite arctophile. I just bought my very first (and probably last) Steiff bear on e-bay. I also collect Boyd's and other brands such as Gund and Dakin, and I also make and sell mohair bears. I don't think I appreaciated how much personality a bear has until I made one and gave him a special look. I also used to own a craft store in Alpine, CA before I moved north, so I have lots of craft supplies to make more bears!

#36913 - 11/27/05 04:46 AM Re: Teddy Bears
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I had a bear I slept with as a kid, but when I went into the Marine Corps after high school, my parents moved and threw out a lot of my stuff.

Now, I have about 400 bears, all kinds. Big bears, little bears, Winnie the Poohs, Coca Cola bears, Steiffs, Gunds, Ty's, you name it, I've probably got it. I have bears dressed in all kinds of gear. One of my most unique ones is a bear in a scuba diving outfit. Complete with tank and mask.

Our house is bursting at the seams with bears. I don't get many as gifts anymore, because I have no where to put them.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved