The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36259 - 07/23/03 03:19 AM Creating websites
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
One of my favorite hobbies is making my own webpages. Yahoo has a simple webbuilding wizard that makes website building as easy as abc. I have made over ten pages using that wizard. To see photos of me and my family, go to:

http://www.geocities.com/dbarnes3/index.html

The first page is updated, but subsequent pages might not be correct yet. So keep that in mind while you are browsing the pages. Use your back button to navigate when there is no index to use. Also, please email me to let me know what you think of my pages.

#36260 - 07/23/03 04:48 AM Re: Creating websites
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Countrygirl,
I just visited your homepage(s) and I must say you have a lovely family. I enjoyed the wedding pictures. Such a sweet, lovely wedding!

What a great job you did and your paintings were just beautiful! I especially liked the buffalo. Course the daiseys were very pretty as well. You are one talented lady! [Big Grin]

#36261 - 07/23/03 06:39 PM Re: Creating websites
countrygirl51 Offline

Thank you, Jawjaw..it is a very relaxing hobby for me. In fact, I am hoping to do some painting this afternoon.

#36262 - 07/24/03 07:03 AM Re: Creating websites
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well, I am so jealous. I wish I had that kind of talent. When I try to draw stick people, they look distorted...me thinks I'll just stick to the writing.

Best to you though! [Big Grin]

#36263 - 07/24/03 08:29 PM Re: Creating websites
countrygirl51 Offline

Stick people are distorted. No one is that skinny or straight. What most people don't realize is that art is not about drawing perfectly round circles and straight lines..its about really seeing something and interpreting what you see. Just for a little exercise, the next time you are in the country, try to find every color in the rainbow in a simple landscape. The colors are there. But most people can't see them. They see "drab" browns, not the vibrant yellows, reds, oranges, purples and greens that are right there before their eyes. Once a person learns how to see, they can usually learn to paint. I love teaching people how to see. My worst fear is that I will lose my sight someday. It is deteriorating. So I have to do my painting now, while I still can.

#36264 - 07/24/03 09:24 PM Re: Creating websites
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

[Big Grin] Does this mean I am an artist? Just joshing...I will definetly try the exercise you provided. It is so great to learn something new every day, don't you think? I hope I never stop learning. Thanks for Lesson #1...can't wait till #2

[Razz]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved