The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#36612 - 10/03/04 03:05 AM goodbye to junk
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I never thought of "clearing clutter" as a hobby, but I think it should be. [Wink]

Since cleaning out my parent's home (where they raised five children) to move them to an apartment, I decided ENOUGH of this saving stuff.

That summer I started purging drawers, closets, cabinets, dressers, etc. at my home. It felt so good. [Big Grin]

I've learned the trick is not to replace it with new "stuff".

What are yo doing about clutter?

#36613 - 10/03/04 03:38 AM Re: goodbye to junk
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I divorced him....what?
[Eek!]
JJ

#36614 - 10/03/04 10:17 AM Re: goodbye to junk
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Funny JJ and so did I but its taken till now to get him and all his darn clutter, junk out of here. Free, free at last. Didn't someone famous say that? Just kidding.... [Confused]

#36615 - 10/03/04 05:44 PM Re: goodbye to junk
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I just recently discovered www.flylady.com. I've had to modify her suggestions to work with my horseback riding and online classes, which prevent me from doing as much housework as she suggests. But her suggestion to spend 15 minutes or so running around with a "To toss" box and "To give away" box each day is a good one.

I am so not looking forward to clearing out my mom's house to sell, which is why it is still not on the market.

#36616 - 10/04/04 05:28 PM Re: goodbye to junk
Paja Offline

Loc: NC-USA
I'm usually lost in clutter. Excuse: I'm right brained and file by pile. [Frown] It's true though.

But other than fighting my way to the surface for air [Wink] every once in awhile; I pick a drawer/closet/desk top/whatever and:
Pile like items together by whatever criteria works and include a pile of "not now", "too expensive", "yuck", and "?" That pile goes in recycle (in case I really can order that dress from that once in a lifetime [Razz] catalog.)

The other piles get put with like piles elsewhere.

Sometimes, I sort by what I'm using. Like my knife drawer, yep drawer. I've taken all the knives I've not used this past week and moved them to the deep back. They'll stay there awhile and eventually I'll get rid of them--or buy a small set that will replace them all but my one favorite paring knife, of course.

Hope this helps. It's the only way I get to see any flat surface. [Smile]

#36617 - 10/05/04 07:06 AM Re: goodbye to junk
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Agate,
I checked out flylady.com and I signed up. I'm definitely suffering from Chaos! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

#36618 - 10/04/04 08:20 PM Re: goodbye to junk
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
With my relatives dropping like crazy, it got me to thinking about the clutter left behind for your family. My poor children! My husband would probably just take boxes to the city dump like he does with his unwanted things. Of course, I'm thinking about clearing the clutter but here I sit at my computer instead. Hmmm [Confused]

#36619 - 10/04/04 08:25 PM Re: goodbye to junk
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Here's a new career for somebody...

THE CLUTTER MUTHER....(MOTHER, get it?)

Go around and clean out people's clutter. Or you could at least have a presence on the web like the flylady except you wouldn't have to send a bazillion emails like she does...that was my only complaint with her. She is terrific and has tons of good ideas, but my inbox was saturated with her emails...I tired of that very quickly. JJ

#36620 - 10/05/04 12:06 AM Re: goodbye to junk
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
JJ,
I didn't realize she did that. I'll give it a try anyway. Maybe she'll "guilt" me into cleaning more! It might work better if she sent the emails to my kids! On second thought, maybe I'll just pass them along to my kids...LOL

#36621 - 10/05/04 12:15 AM Re: goodbye to junk
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh I think it will be worth you stay with her if you don't mind the emails....no joke. She is very helpful and has tons of good tips. Tons!

So, don't leave her based on my whining. There is another thing you might want to try in addition to her and that is a book called "Sidetracked Home Executives" or S.H.E. It was written by a couple of women (sisters I think?) a kazillion years ago and they offer a routine for getting organized and cleaning up your home. Pretty smart women. Course it's all common sense when it comes down to it. Which is something I obviously lack! ha!

JJ

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved