The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#36323 - 07/30/03 01:29 AM boy toys
Sandy Offline

Loc: Colorado
I graduated high school in 1972. now everyone knows my age. anyway. back then girls took cooking and sewing. I took them from 6th grad until my second year of HS. That's when i went on a one woman protest to get into woodshop. and i did it. I learned how to use boy toys. and i love it. i built all of my kitchen cabnets. they have european hinges, and all the bottom cabinets have drawers. no bending over and crawling in for me. i have made bookshelves and tables and all kinds of fun things. My hobby makes male mouths drop. [Wink]
Sandy

#36324 - 07/30/03 03:18 AM Re: boy toys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
[Eek!] Wow SP,
That is really cool that you can do all of that. I am thoroughly impressed! What forsight you had to learn that at an early age and just kept learning. I do envy you. I can change a lightbulb...that's about it.

Your hobby makes my jigsaw puzzle thingy look kinda lame...

You are definitely my new hero.

#36325 - 08/06/03 06:58 PM Re: boy toys
Sandy Offline

I think that at an early age I relized that this world of mine was run by men. and i relized that I needed to be like them to survive. I had to think like them in order to be me. I'm good with my hands. I would not want to do woodworking for a living. It is very time consuming. Most people think that it is easy and cheap to do. It's cheap if the labor is free. But i'm not free, I'm expensive. And worth it. [Wink]
So I don't sell the things I make. I give them away. I want special people in my life to have something from me. Something OF ME.
My kitchen took me two years. But I built every cabinet in it. If anyone would like pictures of it, send me your email and I'll send pictures. Does anyone know if I can put putures here? It would be cool to share things like that, and our kids and grandkids.
Sandy

#36326 - 08/07/03 07:34 AM Re: boy toys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

That's a YES on the pictures Sandy if you would like to share them. My email is GJawjaw1@aol.com

Love to see them.

#36327 - 08/07/03 01:15 AM Re: boy toys
Sandy Offline

Jawjaw, they are on there way. Sandy

#36328 - 08/07/03 02:39 AM Re: boy toys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Sandy sent the pic's of her handy work, and I just wanted to brag on her for a sec. She gives a new meaning to the word "handyWOMAN" girls. You really should have her send you the pictures. It was a real treat. Thanks Sandy for being so generous and sharing a part of your world.

#36329 - 08/07/03 03:22 AM Re: boy toys
Sandy Offline

Well, Jawjaw, what can i say? My husband's family is from KY, and down there they would say: Go on with ya!
So I guess that is the best thing a yankee could say to someone down there in response to all that praise. So, Go on with ya!!
I will send you a couple more pictures of things i have made. not all woodworking. since you enjoyed the others. [Cool] Not that I'm bragging or nothin. [Wink] Sandy

#36330 - 08/08/03 09:48 PM Re: boy toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay girls, you've got me real curious. I am totally impressed without even seeing the pictures. I am happy when I can put together a piece of furniture from Target! LOL!

As far as putting pictures in here...the best thing to do is put a link to your site if you have one. If not, receiving them through e-amil is great.

Please forward to dots@boomerwomenspeak.com!

Looking forward to it. I will show them off to my hubby too!

Again, I think the women in this forum are so collectively talented. You go girls! [Razz]

#36331 - 08/12/03 11:36 PM Re: boy toys
Sandy Offline

Dotsie, i just sent them. Sandy

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved