The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1832 - 01/27/04 07:54 PM Much to DO
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hey, anybody in here wanting to have a complete make over besides me? I would love to have a "new DO" and dont really have a regular hairdresser, so being inbetween makes it a very scary thing...it is not that my hair won't grow back or that this is life or death, but there is nothing more depressing than walking around looking like Bozo...you know?

#1833 - 01/28/04 08:09 AM Re: Much to DO
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Queen Bozo,
Don't forget your upcoming reunion. You'll want a spify Do for that. And you'll need to give it a test run past a couple of friends first.

There were some nifty locks on the Golden Globes. And the implants were certainly on display too. There was probably close to a million dollars worth of silicone in the room [Smile]

Complete makeover? Surely not. Maybe just a little spiffing up.

smile

P.S. Has anyone watched "Extreme" makeover? Boy that's more like miracle TV than reality TV.

#1834 - 01/28/04 03:52 AM Re: Much to DO
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have not seen the tv show but I could use a makeover.

Actually, I got highlights during the last dye job and lightened the whole head a few shades.

I really like it but it would go better with a little sunshine and all we are having here in the middle atlatnic is snow and ice.

Maybe I turned myself into an ice maiden?

I have not had a fingernail since my son was born 5 years ago. I could use a few of those too. I do grow my own but have resorted to biting again.

JJ-I think a makeover is great. Ijust would liek one of those Hollywood pros to do it. Then get up with me each morning and have me looking grat by six so I can go to work.

Maybe I should just stick to wishing for warmer weather!

Lynn

#1835 - 01/28/04 05:03 AM Re: Much to DO
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

hey....duhhh here...it just hit me that I have a close girlfriend whose sister does makeup and hair for celebrities! Yelllowwww! Course she charges 400.00for a sitting.

and we all went to the same high school...boy did she ever make it big.

I need to try and wiggle some blackmail material out of her sis and then threaten exposure unless she gives me a makeover...whatcha think? Good plan?

#1836 - 01/28/04 05:46 AM Re: Much to DO
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Walk into a new hairdresser's, sit down and say "Do it." Make sure you have at least 6 weeks "grow back time" to salvage it if the results are not what you want. And if you really hate it, buy a great hat.

It takes a lot of courage but the results can be worth it if you have an open mind. And every department store has make-up counters with free makeovers. Much cheaper than the $400 trip.

#1837 - 01/28/04 01:57 PM Re: Much to DO
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

As usual, the Divine Ms. M comes up with a perfect solution. Hugs girl.

And I may be crazy, but I ain't crazy enough to pay someone 400.00 to wash my hair and do my makeup...if I ever do, you know I have made it bigtime, eh? Still...it would be fun to have someone at your beck and call like Lynn said...Queen Bozo (now THAT's funny Smiles!)

#1838 - 02/04/04 07:21 PM Re: Much to DO
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Queen, I can certaily relate to the makeover needs. It's the dead of winter here and my thoughts are turning to sunshine and beaches.

BUt then I remember the white, saggy skin. [Eek!] Any quick makeover ideas for that?

About the hair...I've basically worn my hair the same forever. Just got it cut shorter. The older I get, the shorter my hair gets. I just needed a change. I'd love to be able to carry off longer hair, but those days are gone for me.

Also, the hair mousey color needs something. Whatever...

#1839 - 02/05/04 06:22 AM Re: Much to DO
smilinize Offline

I say crawl into a tanning bed and go to the beauty parlor for some sun streaks in your hair.

Helps cure the winter blahs too.

smile

#1840 - 02/07/04 06:00 PM Re: Much to DO
Agate Offline

Loc: Minnesota
From these posts, I'm wondering if it's winter blahs that keep making me want to cut my hair off. Just about a year ago, I had hair down to my waist. I cut it off and donated it for a wig and have been keeping it about shoulder length since. I keep wanting to cut it shorter because it just never looks right to me at this length. I'm trying to be patient, with plans to grow my hair for 3 years then cut it way short on my 50th birthday. Not that you can't be over 50 and have long hair. It's just a deadline I've set to stop myself from cutting my hair on impulse. Although, being impulsive can be fun, but it can also be a disaster. All this compulsive thinking is why I'm really tempted to cut my hair and be done with it. Ya know what I mean?

#1841 - 02/08/04 08:33 AM Re: Much to DO
smilinize Offline

Hey agate,
I've struggled with that too.

Never waist length, but I've almost always had longish hair. About a year ago I got a bad perm and cut it off. Wore it short for about six months. Couldn't tell maintenance was any easier. I've been growing out it since summer. Now it touches my shoulders. My husband likes it.

Almost all my boomer friends have short hair and they look so nice, it's a temptation to cut mine. It might be more becoming, but I hate to follow the herd. Besides, I figured short hair would announce to the world that I was definitely older.

Seems like being this age is bad enough. I sure don't want to wear it on my head. [Smile]

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved