The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/16/20 10:33 PM
Topic Options
#1726 - 04/11/03 12:01 PM Boomer Weekend!!!!!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Okay boomers....let's get serious about this. Who thinks we can find a way to get together for a weekend soon, soon, soon? Please post or email me and if we have interest I'll start to try to coordinate something. I really want to have a girl's getaway....never, ever been on one...at least not since I've been out of college. Post me soon!

#1727 - 04/12/03 12:22 PM Re: Boomer Weekend!!!!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I say we start with a Sat. or Sun. Perhaps we meet at the harbor for a meal, visit, chat, wander, walk to Little Italy for the next meal, eat and visit some more, and discuss plans for an overnighter. How does that sound?

We can invite any women that we think would be interested in a Girl's Day Out, even if they aren't in our forum community. I know lots of women who would enjoy a day like this. Let's pick a date and start planning!

I know it will work for those of us in the Baltimore area. But, for those who live out of state, have hope that we will plan something awesome for the future that will make you want to jump on a plane and join us. [Big Grin]

#1728 - 04/14/03 10:40 AM Re: Boomer Weekend!!!!!
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
There is a great restaurant in Columbia called Eggspectations that has a room we could use for a large crowd at no extra charhe as long as it is planned in advance. It is right at 100 and 108, easily accessible. They have breakfast and brunch and all kinds of other stuff available from 7:00 AM to about 10:00 pm. Great food and wonderful coffee drinks, etc. We have our group meetings for my gastric bypass support group there every other month. Most crowded times are Saturday and Sundays from 9 to noon, BTW.

#1729 - 04/14/03 12:32 PM Re: Boomer Weekend!!!!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Worth checking out. Can we count you in on this? I hope so! Will keep everyone posted. Hope to have two options to choose from for next Monday. [Razz]

#1730 - 04/17/03 04:56 PM Re: Boomer Weekend!!!!!
Lise Offline

Loc: Hudson, Quebec, Canada
Hi girls,

I wish I could join u but your are way too far for a day trip LOL.

I have been longing for a girl's getaway for a while. I did go once...about 30 years ago. I think I'm due *grin*.

Funny though, yesterday when I was writing my ezine article which was about traveling, I got this idea of organizing a cruise next year for my subscribers(women) and we I could have T-shirts that we could get with the logo "Women With Attitude" or WWA for short LOL.

And the more I think about it the more I really want to do it. But you guys in this forum could also be part of it. It would be a great group of women, don't you think?

You see I love cruises, we went on our 12th March 1st,2003 and I found since then a great site with unbelievable prices, check it out
http://vacationstogo.com. I wish they had an
affiliate program, I would make lots of money because I'm telling all my friends about it.

Anyway, if anyone might be interested let me know at mailto:lise@womenscorner.com but mention that you are from this forum so I know where you are coming from.

And since yesterday I have now put my picture online. I took me a while to figure out my digital camera and uploading it.
see it on my ezine page http://womenscorner.com/samplenewsletter.html

Ok enough babbling for now, I must go do the carpool. Ah a woman's work is never done!

Bye ladies and have a great Easter!

Lise

#1731 - 04/18/03 01:25 AM Re: Boomer Weekend!!!!!
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Lise, allow me to give you a heads up on a cruise line that truly ripped my retired parents off-big time. Celebrity Cruise lines.If you would like details get back to me.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved