The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#184616 - 06/19/09 01:31 PM Princess Lenora and I ..
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
we have just discovered, went to the same high school!
We probably had the same high school teachers and rode the same school bus route.

Although we were a few years apart...I just thought it so neat! And, where we lived was in the same neigborhood! You just never know who you'll meet here at BWS!

#184622 - 06/19/09 02:57 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Di, thanks for posting this. Would you believe that Di and I lived on/near the same road? Of all the possibilities, we were within walking distance of each other. Yes, we sure did have the same high school teachers. Karl Dickle was the German teacher as well as the soccer coach, and he then went on to be principal. Isn't this something? Di might have been a freshman when I was a senior.

#184625 - 06/19/09 03:20 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
This world is so small it's amazing!! Humlan lived close to where I grew up as well. but attending the same schoold and learning under the same teachers is ausome.

#184626 - 06/19/09 03:28 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Di Offline

Mr Hantjis was our principal. And I had his wife, Mrs. Hantjis for bookkeeping. All my courses were business. Miss Wolverton etc. I worked in the Athletic Office with Mrs. Schoch and the coaches.

LOVE our high school.....although I only started there in Oct of my junior year. (Moved from NJ)

But VERY small world! Remember Jopet Farms Ice Cream??

#184627 - 06/19/09 03:41 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Di]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I personally experienced a number of encounters that amaze me to this day! One of the most astounding one was about 30 years ago.

Hubby and I attended a wine festival along the German Rhein. Our first born son was about a year old. While tasting the wine, a large passenger ship stopped and hundreds of old ladies with blue died hair got off. They all stood along the side lines of the festival, and looked uncomfortable, not knowing what to do.

I heard they were Americans, so I approached one of the ladies . She was happy to meet an American living in Germany. When I asked her where she lives in America, I almost died when I heard, Arlington, Mass.; … The town I grew up in!! And this takes the cake. She said her very favourite doctor of all times lived there, and she never found a doctor like him again. And guess who she was talking about? …. My Dad! Isn’t that neat?

She gave us a brand new silver dollar, to keep for our son. I just gave it to him the other day, with the written story behind it.

#184702 - 06/20/09 12:58 AM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Di]
Princess Lenora Offline

Yes, Di, that was the name of the principal at the time! I too took business classes. I was very naive. One day I went for a mandatory meeting at the school counselor office. Every student had to make a decision as to the "academic" track or the other track. I can't remember how it was divided. The other track was book keeping and typing. I told the counselor that if I made it through high school, I wanted to go to college, so I did not want to take typing. He/she said, "Don't you think you will need typing to do your research papers?" Exactly like that! So off to typing I went. Yet, now, one of my favorite things to do is writing, typing, on the keyboard, word processing, and I am very fast. I wanted to take French but it was filled so I was forced to take German, with Karl Dickl. P.S. Sorry to be a buzz kill, but I hated high school. Little did I know that my high school self was suffering from PTSD. I smoked in the lav, and spilled some blue liquid in chemistry class.

Edited by Princess Lenora (06/20/09 01:00 AM)

#184704 - 06/20/09 01:02 AM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Edelweiss3]
Princess Lenora Offline

Wow, EW, that is amazing! The other thing is that you and Humlan are both Americans who live over seas.

#184769 - 06/20/09 07:35 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Di, did you go downtown Main Street Stroudsburg much in those days? Rea & Derricks drug store, with the luncheon counter. How about Wyckoff's, with the luncheon counter and tea room? MaryAnns ice cream shack on 611? The public library was in an old Victorian house on Main Street, and I spent many hours in there after school.

#184784 - 06/20/09 10:26 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Princess Lenora]
Di Offline

Oh Yes......Wyckoff's was a great store and their upstairs sale section...and counter too! Newberry's and the shoe store (forget the name right now)

And the Sherman Theater....next to where we got out senior pics taken.

I used to work at Security Bank and Trust (Trust Dept) after I graduated Churchman's.

Yep...that great library. Remember Grants in E'burg and the Hallmark card store next to it?

#184832 - 06/21/09 02:36 PM Re: Princess Lenora and I .. [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
These coincidences are very cool. Same for EW, re patient and father.

I don't yet quite have a personal story to match the miracleness of these stories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved