The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 125 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2954 - 10/27/05 05:58 PM Have a dream?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone have a big dream they want to share?

I'll start.

One day I would love to have a beach house where family and friends could come and go as they please.

This is not anything that I'm ready for now, but some day...

#2955 - 10/28/05 07:52 AM Re: Have a dream?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I know I have a dream in me, but for the life of me, I can't bring it "up". Have you read the book by Bruce Wilkinson, "The Dream Giver"? It is so great but I cried reading it because I couldn't figure out what my dream was. Guess I'm a late bloomer in this department...

Before we moved to CO, that was my dream. But now we're here, so....

#2956 - 10/27/05 08:27 PM Re: Have a dream?
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I too struggle with dreams. Now that I am almost through the divorce process, I have found that I gave up my dreams or in some cases suppressed dreams simply because I knew I would never be able to pursue them while married. Rather than fight against the marriage to obtain them, I just let them go. I am having to learn to allow myself to dream all over again. And I am finding it to be a hard thing to do. I bought a scrapebook, thinking that when I find a picture--a pretty garden, a piece of furniture, whatever that I would cut it out and put it in the scrapebook as a way to help bring clarity and help develop dreams again. Maybe it would help you too.

#2957 - 10/27/05 08:33 PM Re: Have a dream?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Good advice, Starting over...very appropriate screen name for you, BTW.

I've been a SAHM for so long, that I too, have suppressed dreams, or started to pursue them but had to give them up. Sometimes, though, I think I'm interested in something but then I tire of it. It's very frustrating! [Confused]

#2958 - 10/27/05 09:33 PM Re: Have a dream?
Anonymous
Unregistered

A horse, of course! I want a rustic little farm (well, more like 2 or 3 acres!) and a big front porch!

#2959 - 10/28/05 01:15 AM Re: Have a dream?
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
My dream is to see all my children self sufficient, and in their own homes. Hopefully, married and having me some grand-babies.
So... hubby and I can travel and spend time alone.
Married 21 years, never traveled or vacationed alone.
I want to see Germany, Hawaii, Virgin Islands, Key West....

After we get back... on to the RV dealership, so we can visit each daughter/son for a month and plug into the 220. [Big Grin]

#2960 - 10/28/05 11:59 AM Re: Have a dream?
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
When my cancer book is done, I want it to be picked up by a big publisher (OK, so far, not so original...) and have private investors believe in it so much that they'll pay for me to go around the country and speak to people.

Halls would be donated in each city so that anyone who wanted to hear me read, could do so for free. During the day, I would do hospice visits and read to people who can't get out.

I'd be on the road one week at a time, for ten weeks a year.

#2961 - 10/28/05 08:00 PM Re: Have a dream?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm with Dotsie, I want a beach house!
But I want to pay for mine with the royalties I earn from my best selling novel.

#2962 - 10/28/05 11:24 PM Re: Have a dream?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I would love to have a beach house, but my true dream is something which is obtainable, although it would probably mean either marrying or going in with some other people. I want a house on a lake. It doesn't have to be fancy, but at least have a little character and enough rooms to house my family when they come to visit. Oh yea, if you live on a lake, you have to have a boat! Daisy would like it too!

Daisygirl

#2963 - 10/29/05 01:25 AM Re: Have a dream?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My dream would be to have all my children living close to me...like in the same town!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved