The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 201 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1827 - 01/16/04 06:42 PM T-minus one week and counting!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm happy to share that I have a major weekend coming up. [Big Grin]

The Girl's Night Out clan is heading to the beach (It's freezing mind you, no bikinis [Eek!] this season!) for the weekend.

When we turned 40 we went away for a weekend and decided we would do it every five years. All of usturned 45 last year. We missed it by a month,)we'ere all busy women) but it's never too late!

The emails have been flying and the biggest question has been, "When can you leave?"

Pathetic, aren't we? You'd think we were all miserable in our lives and couldn't wait to dash out the door leaving all responsibiity behind. We're not miserable, but darn...leaving all responsibility behind is what it's all about!

Any ideas of something fun to take along perhaps for us to reminisce? Fun things to do while there?

Five of us have known each other since first grade, and we met the sixth in high school.

There are seven of us, but one's a teacher and has to do final grades, dinner with the faculty, move a kid back to college, attend a volleyball game, and the list goes on. Her husband is away the whole weekend so it all falls in her lap. Come on...where are her priorities? [Big Grin]

[ January 16, 2004, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#1828 - 01/16/04 07:39 PM Re: T-minus one week and counting!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
for starters, make a CD (or buy one) of your TUNES from your youth...this is always fun to play while driving to the beach (lots of sing-a-longs) or at the beach.

what beach?

#1829 - 01/19/04 03:58 PM Re: T-minus one week and counting!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Ocean City, Maryland, hon! [Big Grin]

It's about three hours from home,and the beach where many of us spent summer vacations as little peoe. [Wink]

Funny you mention music. The last time we went, I got some of my old tapes from the attic. When preteens, New Year's Eve found my friend and I sitting up and taping The Top 100 Songs...the countdown! At midnight they would play the #1 song. [Big Grin]

I took the tape for the car ride. THe quality was horrible, but it didn't matter. We sang like school girls, shreiking and screaming at the beginning of every song. Memories came gushing back! [Eek!]

I misplaced the tapes after that trip. [Mad] They have to be in here somewhere.

#1830 - 01/19/04 04:27 PM Re: T-minus one week and counting!
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
Put a tape recorder on a table somewhere and steer things to a desired topic.Then make a copy of it for all of you.
I've done it with milestone birthdays in my family and it's a treasure for all of us.

#1831 - 01/20/04 02:31 AM Re: T-minus one week and counting!
noonabras Offline

Loc: harford county,md.
Dotsie, you are so funny. I just posted a little while ago, not even seeing how excited you were on this posting. I think what we share is very unique, a rarity. I bet there isn't any one out there that have what we have. And it takes weekends like this one to honor our sisterhood. I'm very proud of us. LOL

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved