The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 60 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#27942 - 03/14/04 11:31 PM Hoffa find
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm so glad they FINALLY found Jimmy Hoffa...

Now that proves to my girlfriend that if I cleaned up the pile of clothes in my son's room, I WOULD NOT find him....

course...there's always Elvis...hmm...

#27943 - 03/14/04 11:37 PM Re: Hoffa find
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ you mean they found Jimmy Hoffa? Didn't hear anytrhing about that. When, where and who found him. My God, how did they know it was him after all this time? Is this for real or a joke about messy rooms? [Eek!]

#27944 - 03/14/04 11:55 PM Re: Hoffa find
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

well, I read a news blurp on AOL this a.m. SEE BELOW:

DETROIT - The FBI will investigate a purported deathbed confession by a former Pennsylvania Teamster official that says he helped dispose of the body of Teamster boss Jimmy Hoffa.

The confession, said to have been written by Francis Sheeran before he died Dec. 14 in a nursing home near Philadelphia, says he flew to Pontiac the day Hoffa disappeared in 1975, picked up Hoffa's body from his killers and drove it to a trash incinerator in Hamtramck, where it was cremated.

"The case is still open and we run down any leads we receive on it," FBI spokeswoman Dawn Clenney said Friday.

Sheeran's daughter, however, says the letter is a fake.

"It's definitely a forgery. It's not his signature," Dolores Miller, of West Chester, Pa., told the Detroit Free Press.

Miller said she believes the document was created by her father's biographer, John Zeitts of Omaha, Neb., to upstage a book due to be published by another author.

#27945 - 03/21/04 05:30 PM Re: Hoffa find
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
OH MY!!! My son's room was disgusting. I wrote a poem about it.....

BRANDON'S HIDEAWAY (REVISION 4)

My son's room moans
stale cologne
reeks through pores.
Laundry carpets
breeding grounds
begs to be cleaned
spotless.
Stentorian rap tap
pounds vibration
blast from
a music box.

Gone to infest
another domain,
cacophonous noise
replaced by silence
and a mother's
empty nest.
Brief visits jerk
me to reality,
leaves his debris.
Restores me
with a smile.

I miss his energy!
I miss his presence!

by Ava Shirley 2003

#27946 - 03/21/04 07:00 PM Re: Hoffa find
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Very good Smilinthru...coming from the Mom of two boys, I can relate. I use to worry that they would never leave the nest, but now I mainly worry they will forget to visit the nest once again. Full circle. I think I'll call Mom...

thanks so much for sharing,

JJ

#27947 - 03/22/04 02:55 AM Re: Hoffa find
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Queen, I don't repeat myself. I don't repeat myself! [Big Grin]

Smile, another person missing their child. I'm right there with you. Great poem. captures many emotions! My son made it back to college today safely. It was a ten hour drive. First time he's driven it alone. Another milestone!

Thanks for sharing.

#27948 - 03/22/04 01:36 PM Re: Hoffa find
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
Thanks....My son has left the nest 3 years ago but I still miss him. He's just an hour away so he comes home pretty regularly attached with his girlfriend. hehehe!!! (personally I think it serious) I always know when he's been home....constantly leaves clothes behind him. I have a small condo now and when they come home its a FULL house.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved