The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#21849 - 05/19/06 02:03 PM Did He Say Divorce?
Joni22 Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Hey there...
I'm new here...just came out of a divorce book that I wrote when I was "suffering" through my divorce as a jilted woman. Yeah, he ran away from home with my best friend!!! I thought my life, as I knew it, was puppy chow.

Guess what? I not only got over the divorce (and the man that caused it,) I actually am sooooo much better off today than I ever was before. Now, I live for ME! Now, I have my self-esteem awarded back to me with the freedom I lock so closely in my heart. It feels good being...back to me! I will never lose sight of "me" again.

I was married to him for 18 1/2 years with one child...this child being the BEST that came out of our union. My son is now 26...dedicated in his mom's corner and forever pleasing her. He is a jewel.

My ex and I are now friendly. He left "two-face" (you can read all about her in my humorous book on divorce for jilted women: "Did He Say Divorce?") Now, he is a changed man...wants to please my son and I all the time. He lives 3 blocks away, and would walk on coals if he could get "US" back into his life. Sorry, Charlie.

This woman is much better off being true to herself w/o anyone telling her what to do, how to do it and "you-better-not-do-that-anymore" way of life. Life after divorce is freedom. Read my book. You'll learn how to get to freedom within your soul.

Hooray for this site. I love it! Thank you for letting me sound off!

Joni Newman
~author of "Did He Say Divorce? A Jilted Wife's Hope on How to Cope, Living Without That Dope!"
www.xlibrix.com/DidHeSayDivorce.html [Razz]

#21850 - 05/19/06 08:02 PM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Joni,
You are the one who should be getting the Hoorays! You go girl. While I am the first to admit divorce is not the answer every time, when it does come, it is NOT the end of the world.

So many women who divorce never take the time to discover, or re-discover themselves after the trauma of it all and they fall victim to the mentality that they MUST have another man in their life to complete them. To define who they are. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not saying women shouldn't remarry, heck...if I can find someone that can cook, clean, pay the bills, fix anything I want, and likes to travel, I'll be on him like white on rice. Okay, wait, I just described ME. LOL!

What I am saying is that you have to be happy in your own skin before you could possibly contribute to someone else's happiness. Sounds like to me you've discovered that already...as I said, you go girl!

Welcome to the best home on the net. JJ

#21851 - 05/19/06 08:41 PM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Welcome and what a nice addition you are to this site. Isn't it strange that after a divorce where the man realizes he made a mistake, he suddenly becomes the man he should have been while married to us? [Big Grin]

#21852 - 05/19/06 09:12 PM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Welcome Joni...so happy to have you here...I love that you feel so great about your life...can't wait to read your book! Congratulations... [Smile]

#21853 - 05/20/06 03:48 AM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A very hardy welcome to you Joni....I am a sucker for a happy ending just like yours. Bravo to you!

#21854 - 05/21/06 01:34 AM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
Serena Offline

Loc: seattle
hi, im new here. love the quote about best friend being the sister that destiny forgot to give you. its beautiful.everyone seems so nice, so positive here.

#21855 - 05/21/06 08:26 AM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
Welcome Joni, welcome Serena, looking forward to hearing from you both!

#21856 - 05/21/06 09:03 AM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome Joni. Did writing yoru book help with the healing process?

#21857 - 05/22/06 05:38 PM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
Still Crowded Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Welcome, Joni, and congratulations on the book! I love happy endings.

#21858 - 05/22/06 08:21 PM Re: Did He Say Divorce?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Serena
WELCOME! You were almost overlooked because of Joni's fantastic entry and book. We are so happy to have you here and would love for you to go to the WELCOME section and tell us all about Serena!

Hope you stick around and make this your home away from home.

JJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved