The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 61 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#26426 - 09/28/04 08:17 PM Hello Boomers!!
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
I've just found this site through Angela Sheltons website. What a great place to find people who know where you are in life, ahem, those around 50! Yikes! Can I possible be that old??? (looking in mirror, ekkk, yep, must be)

Anyway I thought I'd post a little intro., couldnt find anywhere else to do it. I stopped working about 10 yrs ago because of medical probs. I love staying at home. If I do any work outside the house it is with my Clowning. Yes, a real clown, big shoes, red nose and all.

I am looking forward to reading more posts and getting to know you all.

Summerbreeze

#26427 - 09/29/04 03:12 AM Re: Hello Boomers!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Welcome dear girl! Welcome! A clown! I think that is one of the coolest things I've ever heard. You are new here and already I admire you sooo much! Tell us, how did you get into that line of work? Making people smile, now that has to be sooo rewarding, eh? You might say you and I are in the same line of biz, eh?

Hugs and welcome! So glad you decided to make us part of your life.

JJ - resident Queen - beloved by millions...(expander of truths...teehee.)

#26428 - 09/29/04 08:02 AM Re: Hello Boomers!!
chickadee Offline

Summerbreeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

Ohhh...I Love that song AND the name choice
Now I can hum when I read your posts...and Clowns are my most favorite...I love their makeup...send pics

I see you like thrift stores (I read your bio) ...Meee Tooo and I can’t get enough of Yard Sales can you?

I’m having mine this weekend. I have 40 boxes of stuff not counting the unboxed items.

I figure I should be able to bring in about 25 or 30 dollars...that is if I stay out there from Thursday til Sunday. You think?

I’m selling all the stuff that I just had to have from other people’s sales last year. [Frown]

Trying to double my money...hey it’s a living

I spent the whole day peeling/soaking off the old stickers and putting on new ones.

Nothing worse than peeling back a 50(HEY...where’s the cent sign on the keyboard?)cent sticker to reveal a 25 cent one.

I won't buy it...uh uh I just walk away.

#26429 - 09/29/04 12:57 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Welcome Summerbreeze! You'll love it here - lots of interesting, supportive, talented, gifted, and HUMOROUS (that was for you Madame Queen) ladies here. [Cool]

I LOVE that you do clowning - like JJ, I'd like to hear how you got involved in that. It's GOT to be rewarding making people smile all the time. I bet it's a lot of fun too! Tell us all!

Anyway - welcome to Dotsie's wonderful forum. [Wink]

#26430 - 09/29/04 04:55 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
summerbreeze Offline

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I was thinking of that song after I picked my name too, thats relaxing also. We can all use something calming, at least I know I can.

I started clowning just to help someone out. Our church was doing an outreach and wanted some people to help a lady in our church who was a clown do balloons and face painting. So she had 4 classes and I thought I'd help. Well, now 4 1/2 years later here I am doing it on my own. I've gone through a lot of training, conventions, and workshops. I had one workshop with ex-Ringling Brother Clowns.

I do birthday parties, company picnics, grand openings and a lot of charity work like Ronald McDonald House, Camp Rainbow (camp for kids with cancer), Breakfasts with Santa, Kids with Disabilities etc.

It is very rewarding at times. This past weekend I did a company picnic and a little 5 yr old girl fell in love with "Sparkle the Clown". She sat by me all day. I have a red nose I painted with elmers glue then rolled in red glitter (the sparkle effect) and she took a red glittery heart sticker I had and put it on her nose so she could look like Sparkle. Off and on during the day I would feel someone run up behind me, throw her arms around the back of me and give me a big hug. [Big Grin]

Now those thrift stores, or as I call them my second home lol. I know what you mean having things to resell in a yard sale. I've thought about reselling somethings on ebay. I just passed up this great sweater in a thrift store from Lord and Taylors, brand new with a $59.00 price tag still on it for $6.00, but it was too small [Frown] But I could have put that out on ebay and made some money hehe.

If you want to see a picture of Sparkle, go to:
http://profiles.yahoo.com/sparkle_d_clown

Looking forward to talking to you all.

Summerbreeze

#26431 - 09/29/04 05:26 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh Spark! I just visited your pic and its adorable. Just the cutest thing! I have always wanted to know how to do the animal balloon thing. Was that hard to learn? And the magic, how cool is that? I would love to be able to do those things. Maybe I'll sign up for some classes in the future. You go girl. I think you have the best occupation...next to being a Queen that is! hahahah..

Hugs, JJ

#26432 - 09/29/04 06:27 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
summerbreeze Offline

jawjaw - They just had a big clown conference in Toccoa GA last month, you missed your chance!! They have it there every year I think.

Since you the Queen maybe Sparkle can follow you because she is a prissy little clown that thinks she is a princess lol.

The balloon animals were a lot simpler than I thought. Of course you can get into some very detailed ones that take more skill if you want.
But once you learn the basics, its very easy.
I.E. if you can make a dog, you can make a giraffe, the necks just longer with shorter ears [Smile] .

The magic is fun too. I just do the ones that are simple but look great. My basement looks like I have a bunch of kids at home, and I dont have any!!! It's all clown toys lol.

There are classes around and if you are really interested let me know, I can find a clown group close to you < [Embarrassed] )

Summerbreeze.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment [Smile]

#26433 - 09/29/04 06:41 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

are you serious? You think there might be classes near me? Man! Would that be fun or what? Yes please. I don't know when I could fit it in, but I would like to try...

p.s. I'll be in St. Jo, MO next summer at a poetry/book festival and was just asked yesterday to be the entertainment. Think you could make it over there? Would that be fun or what?

JJ

#26434 - 09/29/04 08:21 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Summerbreeze, I LOVE your name because I love that song!

Clowning, huh? And this is something you started as an adult. It amkes me so happy when booomer women recreate themselves at mid-life. You go girl.

We once had a clown for my sughter's birthday party. After she got here (an hour late) it was all fun and games. Until the, I was the idiot mother trying to entertain all these little kids while praying my heart out that the clown would eventually arrive. I'll never forget that party. My daughter fell in love with the clown. She could have been the girl following you the other day. [Wink]

So glad you're here. Looking forward to hearing more about your life. [Wink]

#26435 - 09/29/04 08:32 PM Re: Hello Boomers!!
chickadee Offline

MOH asked me what I was doing online and I said making new friends.

Who are they?
Well...one's a Queen and one's a Clown.

Thats nice,he said "what are you?
I said well... I'm "Tickled Pink"

Ladies...thank you for making my 'lil empty nest feel like home again. Joy, Happy, Happy, Joy.

Qweenie... where do you find the time?

SummerBreeze...Awwww! You are such a pretty clown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved