The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 144 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#21490 - 11/04/03 02:20 AM New to the site and lovin' it!
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Hi, all. I'm Donna from Ohio, a boomer woman and proud of it. I live with my husband of 28 years and 2 kids, 2 poodles, one very fat bichon, and a bird that won't shut up.

We live a very busy life with our jobs and pastoring a church, too. I am also going to college now and started writing freelance. Someone passed along the link to write a 'boomer woman' story which is how I linked to the forum.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Donna

#21491 - 11/04/03 04:45 AM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hello and welcome Ms. D from Ohio! I think you are going to find that you can't stay away from these boards cause the women in here are so fantastic...am I right girls? Especially me...I'm the resident Queen here and what I say goes, right girls? well, sometimes it goes, right girls? Okay, once it did. Right? Okay fine...just fine. But one of these days, it will...gee...tough room...

#21492 - 11/04/03 06:53 AM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
garrie keyman Offline

Loc: Lititz, PA
Gee, I like you, jawjaw.

Thy humble handmaiden,
garrie

#21493 - 11/04/03 03:41 PM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Welcome Donna. As you can see we have quite a cast of characters. Can't wait to see how your character takes shape. Looking forward to making a new friend.

Garrie, my mother's maiden name is also Collins!
Small world! [Big Grin]

#21494 - 11/04/03 03:46 PM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That's nutin. I once sat across from a Collins on a bus. No joke! what? (hee..hee...I'm such a stinker!)

#21495 - 11/04/03 07:58 PM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
DonnaJ Offline

Well, I can't say that I have any Collins in my family! Both mom and dad are from the hills of Kentucky with lot of Shawnee Indian ancestry on my mom's side. My granny was about 4'9" with coal black hair all the way down to her waist. She could braid it and wrap it up into a neat little bun in a flash.

The only Indian trait I inherited are the high cheekbones. I have blonde hair and green eyes. Hmm... Perhaps I should say, I DID have blonde hair, and still do thanks to a wonderful stylist. *wink.

My husband is several years older than me, which gives me the illusion of always being young. *g*

Which my kids quickly shatter with comments about how 'ancient' I am!

My kids are 21 and 23, and BOTH still home!! So I could use your prayers. - Donna

#21496 - 11/05/03 06:43 PM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Welcome to all of you who are new here. Like they've said you will be encouraged and cared for in this forum.
Donna, I too have a 22 year old living at home.
He keeps trying to leave and I am sure one day he will. He comes back real soon so I can identify
with you and will be praying. [Smile]
Are yours working, going to school or etc? Mine is doing both and trying to decide which path of life to take. I feel like his cheerleader and counselor.
Maggie

#21497 - 11/05/03 07:56 PM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
DonnaJ Offline

My 23 year old girl has graduated from college, and works part time. She's worked since she was 16. She worked full-time for two whole weeks last month and quit. But at least she's working towards that goal.

My 21 year old son is working on his real estate appraisal license. Right now he is waiting on the state to send his test date. BUT in the meantime, he is not working and THAT drives me crazy. We'll see...

It's difficult for me, because I was expected to have a full-time job as soon as I graduated. I moved out at 19 and got married at 21. Different times, I suppose. I hear a lot of women my age have their grown children (some much older than mine) still living at home. Tough market, I guess.

My husband is the lenient one, but I don't think we are doing them any favors by not making them get full-time jobs and aquire some responsibility. Someone out there agree with me?? LOL!!

#21498 - 11/06/03 01:32 AM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Yes, I am going through the same as you. Its hard being the tough one but I do think it works better. When he called home from school he talked to dad about leaving. He thought mom would be angry. I've had to back off a little but still encourage him to do what he thinks he's best at in life. Were working on it casually. I don't get angry just frustrated.
Maggie

#21499 - 11/10/03 05:07 AM Re: New to the site and lovin' it!
DonnaJ Offline

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

Donna J.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved