The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#192329 - 10/23/09 12:11 AM Bioidentical Hormones
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I am hoping that some of you can share your experiences or knowledge about bioidentical hormones. I got into a discussion today with some women at work and they have sparked my interest. There is so much knowledge here, I thought I would ask. I posted this question at my blog so that I can share as much info as possible. If you wouldn't mind could you post a response there as well as here? I am really interested in something called Sotto Pelle. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks ladies. Here is the link to my blog! Hot Flashing Thoughts .

#192342 - 10/23/09 06:20 AM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: hotflashgal]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada

#192564 - 10/25/09 10:11 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: orchid]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have been on and off HRT since I was about 49. I took synthetics for many years and thought I'd take them forever until the bomb shell results of the nurses study back around 2002/03. I was not all that uncomfortable with the return of hot flashes, etc., but since my Mother was slowly showing signs of dementia - and her mother also, I was determined to stay on some sort of HRT even though most doctors did not (and still do not) believe that there is any correlation between dementia and loss of estrogen. I was introduced to bio-hrt by my chiropractor. For a while, I used Arbonne progesterone cream - but did not feel that I was qualified to self medicate. I then searched out a doctor that tested my levels of hormones and I was on bio-hrt for the last 5 years.

I was tested every 6 months for the 1st year to get the proper mix of estrogen/progest/testosterone/dha. It was a cream application that I used daily. I know that Suzanne Somers has really taken this to the extreme - but I did not care to spend that much time and money to stay young. I simply want to keep my marbles as long as possible - and this was just one part of my total health care. Along with a fitness routine, healthy diet and keeping mentally active and whatever else I can think of to ward off dementia.

I am taking a little break at the moment. I'm 62 now, and breast cancer risks do increase with age - even though I do believe that the bio's are not in the same category as synthetics.

#192652 - 10/27/09 12:40 AM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: hotflashgal]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks ladies. I have an appt. with my doc on 11/12. I will not do HRT....saw the effects on a friend. However, I was intrigued by the bioidenticals. Big decision. I just would like to feel better. My two friends swear by Sotto Pelle, but I am always very cautious and hesitant about taking any medication.

#193657 - 11/10/09 07:36 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: hotflashgal]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I never did buy into TV star Suzanne Sommers marketing bio-identicals as the miracle thing which keeps her young and vibrant. I suspect there are some plastic surgeons and personal trainers who could write their own book about her.

Speaking as a menopausal woman/nurse, I was on many variations of HRT and bio-identicals over the years until that report came out. (Turns out the media and their experts sensationalized the results as usual. They made it sound like you were going to die for sure if you so much as even looked at an HRT pill.) Like everyone else, I bought the headlines instead of the fine print. I tried to wean off HRT gradually. My hair almost completely fell out and the severe hot flashes came back with a vengeance. So I became part of the 50% who eventually returned to the world of HRT.

I take the least amount which works for me.

I think every woman's body is unique and each of us must do what is right for us. If bio-identicals work for you, I say go for it. Whatever you and your trusted health care professional decide together, is the right way to go in my opinion.

#193658 - 11/10/09 07:46 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: Josie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
PS: All the women of my growing-up-family who have passed on from heart disease, hypertension and cancer, were in their forties and fifties. I will be 60 in a few months and I am the only woman in my family to have ever taken HRT of any kind.

It may just be coincidence about me taking HRT and still being on this earth.....but I take my daily medicines (including an enteric coated baby aspirin) and pray myself through another day.

#194002 - 11/15/09 04:56 PM Re: Bioidentical Hormones [Re: Josie]
mscoach Offline

Loc: Hampton Bays, NY
Hey all,
Great discussion and if anyone has questions and wants to hear from an hormone expert doc, (a woman) I'm hosting a free call this wednesday, the 18th at 4pm Eastern time. Just sign up here and you'll get the call in info. There is a spot to ask questions so don't be shy, Dr. Retzler will get to all of them on the call or we'll send a follow up email if she misses anyone.
I am a big fan of Bhrt and like other users have had to tweak my dosage over time but am staying with it for many reasons. Heart health, bone health, brain health--you name it, I'm on the side of the medical community that says the help. And cancer is not promoted if you know which estrogens are protective and which put you at risk. Fascinating stuff.
Here's the link: http://www.midlifewithavengeance.com/ph/kathryn/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved