The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#20452 - 06/08/05 05:36 AM Surgery Over
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Hi All,

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. My hysterectomy yesterday IS OVER!!!

I am home. The surgery was at Johns Hopkins. They removed my uterus which was the size of a 4 month pregnant woman with a mango sized fibroid on top of it.

I am sore, gassy and jsut plain out os sorts. Hoping for a speedy recovery and a full month of from work.

I hope to be able to check in to the Boards more frequently during my leisure. I will also be updated my resume since I am leaving my current employer one month after I return.

Any tips from you is most appreciated. I have not dusted that resume off for 20 years!!

Just checking in and thanking you all for your thoughts and prayers. Will be in touch.

Lynn

#20453 - 06/08/05 05:51 AM Re: Surgery Over
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So glad you're back and all went well. So now your about 4 pounds lighter as well, thats a perk! The gas should subside soon and you'll feel like a million.... [Cool]

#20454 - 06/08/05 06:17 AM Re: Surgery Over
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hi Lynn, glad to hear everything is over and went well. That was some fibroid!
You might try monster.com to help brush up your resume. They have lots of info on what is the current trend in resume writing, etc. Relax and enjoy your time off. Look forward to seeing you here more often. A speedy recovery to you.

chick

#20456 - 06/08/05 08:13 PM Re: Surgery Over
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Lynn.. I'm so glad that it's finally over for you. Relax and enjoy your rest. You'll recover much better if you don't stress about anything.

Check in when you can, we'll miss you while you're gone.

#20457 - 06/08/05 08:45 PM Re: Surgery Over
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh good for you Lynn! I'm telling you right now it is the best thing that ever happened to me...well, besides that one time I---ahh..oh, nevermind. teehee...AnyHoo, you just take care of yourself honey and check in when you feel like it. If they didn't tell you, when you start feeling like a million dollars, DON'T SWEEP! I did and landed back in the bed,flat on my back for another three weeks...sooooo...don't lift anything heavier than a pencil. Amen and pass the meds.

JJ

#20458 - 06/08/05 10:20 PM Re: Surgery Over
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I can't believe you were home Tuesday. Your surgery was only monday, right? Good Lord. Be sure to take it easy. Our mothers were in for a week for the same surgery!

When you begin feeling like a million bucks don't do anything. Wait a little while longer. You'll have the rest of your life to do everything! Take care of yourself . Relax, sleep, read to Nathan, watch all the movies you've wanted to see for years, play games, and let your hubby and son take care of you. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

#20459 - 06/09/05 01:44 AM Re: Surgery Over
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Lynn, I meant to tell you AND EVERYONE ELSE this a while ago when I posted but having blonde tips, I forgot.

I'm being laid off of my analyst job after 20+ years. I have until the end of June. What am I going to do? Who the heck knows! I know this. I've been stiffled by this job for the past five years and knew THEN it was time to move on...but didn't have the guts to leave this nice, comfy salary...Well...seems God had other plans for me and now I'm two paychecks away from getting canned. So...we're in the same boat. I've about decided to try my hand at freelancing and see what I can do. Please kee me informed as to your path and I'll do the same. If I can help you in any way at all, email me! You have my home email I think. My best to you Lynn...and don't let fear enter in....its man-made. Relax and trust.

JJ

#20461 - 06/09/05 08:33 AM Re: Surgery Over
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lynn, so glad to hear your surgery is over and you're doing fine. Enjoy your recovery time and don't stress about getting back to the physical stuff.

Jawjaw, you were too good for them, anyways.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved