The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 225 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#20228 - 01/03/05 01:39 AM own personal summer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
For those who haven't heard...this is another term for women having a hot flash.

While riding in the car the other night and complaining about the heat, I quickly learned I was the only one that was hot. [Eek!] My SIL told me I must have been having my own personal summer. Go figure! [Razz] [Big Grin]

#20229 - 01/03/05 02:50 AM Re: own personal summer
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I'm confused about this whole thing. My doc says my blood tests do not show menopause.

My heavy bleeding and now experimenting with the right birth control pill tells me there is something ageing going on.

At night, I wake up hot as hell. Go fiddle with the thermostat and complain about the heat in our new house. It is always cold except for in the middle of the night.

Sleep can be elusive in the middle fo the night.

And my disposition sucks.

What do you ladies think?

I do like the personal summer coment but the middle of the night? [Eek!]

Lynn

#20230 - 01/03/05 02:51 AM Re: own personal summer
Lynn Offline

By the way, Iam taking Ovcon 50. I think this is one of the heavy duty ones.

Can someone shed some light?

Lynn

#20231 - 01/03/05 03:24 AM Re: own personal summer
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lynn,
I take Activella and low dose of estorgen for three years. You can go to www.webmd.com to tell you about this medication . In fact I think I will check it out. This must be a new one

check this out. Nancy

#20232 - 01/03/05 06:28 AM Re: own personal summer
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn, your symptoms might be partly due to stress. You have had such a stressful year and sometimes it doesn't affect you until the eye of the storm passes.
I am unfamiliar with your medication, but some of the most helpful sites about medications seem to be the less professional ones that include anecdotal reports from those who are actually taking the drug. Maybe you can find one of those.
If you are still having severe symptoms, maybe you should go back to your doctor. Hormones make some women (such as me) worse.
I'll be praying for you a peaceful transition.
smile

#20233 - 01/03/05 07:06 AM Re: own personal summer
summerbreeze Offline

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Pushing everyone over in the summer heat....

I am also on Activella and it was a god send, it stopped the hot flashes. I had gone about 6 months without a period before I went on it. I mentioned at my last Dr visit that I had not had a period for over a year, and he said, of course not we stopped it when we put you on the med??? huh?? I had stopped before it, and can it stop your period?? I didn't question him because I was there for other problems and didn't feel like getting into this also.

But.....in the last few months the night sweats have started again, ugh. So I sleep with a little fan next to me in bed, and I don't mean my husband, even though he is a fan of mine lol.

#20234 - 01/03/05 06:50 PM Re: own personal summer
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I doctor here waited to I stoped my period for over a year before he put me on estrogen and tried to go off and got the hot flashes back real bad and back came the cotton PJ. Ha! I love the estrogen . I could not stand for anyone to walk in a room or anything .. I thought I was going nuts , but now better thanks to the Activalla

Everyone is diffent ... Good to compare notes though.

#20235 - 01/04/05 12:08 AM Re: own personal summer
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
According to the latest medical journals our Menopause can begin as early as our 30's, its different for each woman. I drop to my knees and thank the Lord everytime I read these post about menopause. In May of 1990 when I was 50, I waited for my usual hard bleeding to begin the way it had every month since I was 11, except twice when I was pregnant. Well it never came and I have never had another period or anything else that you ladies speak of. I'll be 65 my next birthday so I'm certain my Menopause must be over. All I did when my periods stopped was to begin taking one capsule of Wild Yam everyday and never had a single symptom from this inconvenience called Menopause. I think I was just so happy not to be hemorraging every month, I never noticed anything bad. Indian women chewed Wild Yam root for their symptoms. [Big Grin]

#20236 - 01/04/05 01:33 AM Re: own personal summer
Lynn Offline

Chatty you are one of the fortunate ones but it sounds like you deserved it.

Ovcon 50 is a birth control pill, not an estrogen supplement. We are trying to reduce heavy and painful menstrual flow.

But I feel like I am able to have a rage at any moment and peace is very distant right now.

I was wondering if any of my symptoms sounded like menopause to some of our experts or is something else going on with me as Smile suggested.

Lynn

#20237 - 01/04/05 04:26 AM Re: own personal summer
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn, maybe you are experiencing a combination of things. Menopause is certainly known to affect our emotions as well as our physical selves. It's a huge change for our entire system.

You also have to take into account your stress level which is bound to be high right now.

If you are having heavy periods, you might also get checked for anemia. Being anemic causes anxiety which is often the root cause of anger and rage.

STill praying for you.
smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved