The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 152 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#176366 - 03/05/09 03:01 PM Puritan's Pride
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I know chatty uses this catalog and Web site, and so does Gregory Ann. I just the catalog and want to ask what vitamins and minerals everyone is taking. I know we've been through this before, but am ready to get my act together this time.

I'm looking for a good daily vitamin for midlife women. Can anyone suggest one?

Also, I've taken fish oil and it left a fishy taste in my mouth. It was gross. Do they have a good fish oil that you can recommend?

#176367 - 03/05/09 03:38 PM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: Dotsie]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
For hot flashes, 1000 mgs of Evening Primrose Oil.
Calcium (600 mgs/day)
Fish Oil (1200 mg/day, but should take more)

#176386 - 03/05/09 07:49 PM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: Di]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Dotsie, Nature's Made makes a good fish oil that you do not burp. It is what we have taken for many years, and I have not ever burped it. I also take their multi-vitamin for women over 50, Super B Complex, Magnesium, Acidophilus, Evening Primrose Oil, Vit D-3 and 2 baby aspirins.

#176398 - 03/05/09 09:13 PM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: Cookie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dotsie I would suggest that ytou sit down somewhere comfortable with the latest Puritan's Pride catalog and read it page by page, You should end up knowing exactly what to take and I have taken their fish oil capsules forever with no fishy after taste.

If you really truly want to be armed with the best of the best information, I would also sign up for the newsletter:
SECOND OPINION by Dr. Robert Jay Rowens. His is the one I have sent you info from on Diabetes numerous times. He is on the cutting edge especially for women. You could even have a personal consultation with him via telephone...(707)571-7560 ...for rates and schedule, 9:00 to 5:00 PST

Also for everyone who reads this, one of the most inexpensive and informative magazines on womens and all kinds of health issues today, is PREVENTION MAGAZINE. I read it monthly cover to cover and will openly adnmit most of what I have learned regarding all kinds of health, safety, nutrition issues etc., I have learned from this magazine. I have saved them all since 1995, and refer back to them from time to time. I also give them via gift subscriptions to people I care about.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176449 - 03/06/09 04:05 PM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie, simply ask Gregory Ann. She is a fountain of info and got me started on a good vitamin routine. Now if I miss them, I can tell it. CO-Q10 seems to be one that she says is a must have, too. I take fish oil, but haven't noticed any after taste. Vitamin E, and a few others. I also use Puritan Pride for ordering. They have the best deals to me, and Gregory says their stuff contains exactly what they say it does.

#177979 - 03/24/09 05:04 AM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

Search for quality, dots... and remember the daily recommended allowance is considerably low. This being pertinent, it might do you good to seek professional help to evaluate your true needs. We are all different, with different health issues and concerns. It's cost effective to get what you need, instead of just getting because of a common push. QUALITY over price, if you want the desired effect --- you will more than likely get the 'bang for your buck.' I pay more for my multi, and only have to take 1 of the 3 per day that is recommended.

Some of the best things one can do for themselves:
Quit smoking
Quit coffee
Quit sugar and sugar substitutes
Quit white flour
Quit milk (unless you can get fresh or raw)
Quit (or limit extensively) processed foods
Limit salt
Choose organic
Exercise

#179608 - 04/08/09 08:39 AM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: gims]
gims Offline

Here's another source for supplements:
One of the pickiest people on the planet (my uncle) orders his supplements from them.
There is a promotion going on... promo code BANG409
I've not tried their products, but I ordered a catalog and am looking through it seriously.

#179739 - 04/09/09 12:58 PM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, you know, I ordered that catalog when you mentioned it awhile back. It came. I wnated to do exactly as you suggest, but somehow misplaced it. Puritan's Pride seems to be it, hands donw!

JJ, good suggestion aobut Gregory Ann.

What is CO-Q10?

SInce posting, I've been to my GYN. She recommended Vitamin D and Calcium. I already take Vitamin E and Vitamin C.

Does anyone use Puritan's Pride Fish Oil?

I think that's all I need to add at this point.

Thanks for all the good feedback. I appreciate it.

#179923 - 04/11/09 05:21 AM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Dots, you might want to consider Krill oil in place of Fish Oil. It contains an antioxidant called astaxanthin, which can cross the blood-brain barrier, where it is suppose to protect the eyes, brain and central nervous system from free radical damage. From what I understand, there's no fishy taste, either.

There are some precautions with quality fish and krill oils. Might check into those, too, before making a decision.

Then there's Flax Seed Oil to consider.

#192575 - 10/26/09 12:28 AM Re: Puritan's Pride [Re: Dotsie]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
I believe in supplements, unless of course you eat perfectly all of the time and never have had stress in your life. I have within the last few months began using Vivix, a product that I believe promotes itself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved