The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 79 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#20692 - 10/02/05 01:56 AM anyone try testosterone?
sjde Offline

My doctor has me on these pills but nothing is happening. I want back the sex drive I used to have!

Sue

#20693 - 10/02/05 09:12 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
My breast cancer surgeon is now doing bio-identical hormone work only. Her belief and proof is that if you total hormones were balanced all the time, breast cancer would have so much less a way to start. She has researched so much of her life on this, and believes totally in it, and I believe totally in her. Beware the testosterones. All bad hormone supplements have side effects! All of them! It may take some time for them to reveal themselves! Beware of anything given through a priscription or over the counter, even in the name of a health store. You can get what you need by balancing your good hormones too that no mone talks about through bio-identical hormones. Good health and be happy! [Smile]

#20694 - 10/04/05 04:08 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
If you are only replacing the lost testosterone, you shouldn't have these side effects. I think it's important to get your levels tested, because if you are low, then you may need it.

#20695 - 10/04/05 06:06 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have been on a combination of bioidential hormones for 8 months now. It includes a percentage of testosterone. I have to say that my libido has greatly improved. My initial blood work indicated that I was way below the normal level of testosterone for a post menopausal woman. No surprise to me!!

I know this is a very controversial subject. My adventure into bioidentical hormones has been my attempt to take control of my quality of life - I don't intend to try to influence anyone. I have been very happy with the results. I have had none of the side affects that have been mentioned. My libido is awakening again. Do I jump on DH's bones when he walks in the door? Not quite. But, having orgasm again PRICELESS. I'm only 58 - not dead.

I have blood work every three months and my perscription is adjusted accordingly. The premise of balance makes sense to me. Just as with osteoperosis (today we have the knowledge that can basically prevent the disease that crippled our grandmothers)why not take advantage of something that enhances quality of life - beyond menopause.

It's a huge decision and not to be taken lightly. It's not for everyone. I might decide that this is not for me at some point. But, for today - life is good......

#20696 - 10/05/05 07:43 AM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
Has anyone tried Black Cohosh?

#20697 - 10/04/05 09:23 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Before I went on the bioidenticals, I was using Progest (distributed by Arbonne.) They make a blend with cohosh for menopausal women(green label.) My chiropractor was distributing the products and offered saliva tests to measure results. It did not work very well for me. At the time, I didn't have a clue what to do about my hormonal stew. There is so much available out there now to help make choices - although it isn't easy. [Confused]

#20698 - 10/04/05 10:51 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
No doubt that each woman needs to research the available hormone replacements and evaluate them for herself. If you get your hormone levels tested, then you will have a good idea about what needs replaced. Many doctors give all women the same dosage of hormones and we all don't have the same levels - no wonder there were side effects! Some people were being over-dosed on hormones! My GYN said he thinks that bio-identicals will be mainstream in the future. It will take longer than other drugs because the drug companies aren't making money on them.

My test showed that my estrogen level was okay, my progesterone and testosterone was low. I was taking a bio-identical for the prog. and test., but decided that even though my estrogen level was within the "normal level" it was probably low for me (based on my research), so I started taking Estriol.

It's only been 2 weeks, but I have already started to sleep through the night and the hot flashes have stopped. [Big Grin]

#20699 - 10/05/05 03:10 AM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Bookie Offline

Loc: Arizona
quote:
Originally posted by ladybug:
My husband refuses to update his appearance (old 70's hairstyle). [/QB]

Ladybug
Consider yourself lucky. My husband is still hanging onto clothes he's had since the 1950's.
UGH [Eek!] What is really pathetic is he hasn't been able to wear most of them because they are way too small (Thank goodness!) He does wear some of the ugly sweaters though. [Eek!]
I've managed to slip a few of his ugly's into the garbage and so far he hasn't missed them (they were so ugly I wouldn't even give them away!)
Remember green and orange leisure suits? Ohhhhhh yuk! I think I'm going to be sick!

#20700 - 10/07/05 03:50 AM Re: anyone try testosterone?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#20701 - 06/23/06 09:26 PM Re: anyone try testosterone?
suze Offline

Loc: UK
hi browser

I have posted another thread on sex-drive - which you joined in and now looking around a bit more, I see that you have already revealled some of your own story here [Smile]

I am intrigued by your talk of regular blood tests and stuff .. do you just pay for this? Is it part of your routine mediacl insurance cover?

I cant imagine getting anything so regular on the NHS here in the UK, and my private medical insurance (BUPA) expressly prohibits cover for anything related to the menopause (is this a form of sexual inequality?) [Frown]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved