I need to rant.

A group of ladies just left my house. We had a meeting with a light lunch. I served quiche and salad with brownies and fruit for desert. We had caffeine free iced tea and coffee. I hoped the food would include something for everyone and I could avoid any whining. Wrong.

A lady said she didn't like quiche, but ate two slices. Another ate it, but swore the eggs were clogging her arties. One said the sugar in brownies was bad for the diabetes she doesn't have, but runs in her family. She also refused fruit, but wound up asking for a "bite" of someone else's brownie. Another woman wanted a special dressing for the salad. One carried her own fake salt. One didn't drink tea. Another didn't do caffeine (I headed her off with the caffeine free tea--been there) One wanted artificial sweetner (Headed her off too) and another swore it was poison. One brought her own bottled water. Another brought her own Starbucks coffee because it is the only kind she drinks.

These are women in their forties and fifties.

I gotta' tell ya' entertaining boomers ain't easy. I am coming to the point where I entertain rarely and enjoy it less.

Everyone talks obsessively about their illnesses, special diets, food intolerances, diseases, sure fire ways to health, and on and on. It's boring.

I remember when I was younger and people talked about philosphy, jobs, families, careers, men. What happened?

smile

[ June 23, 2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]