The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#162770 - 10/15/08 06:26 PM Health
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Does anyone use AnswerTV.com?

Check out : Anxiety and other interesting videos/info ...

Thought I'd share... hope it's ok.

#162772 - 10/15/08 06:28 PM Re: Health [Re: gims]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sure it's okay....tell us more about it though. What is it?

#162773 - 10/15/08 06:33 PM Re: Health [Re: jawjaw]
gims Offline

This is from the About Us page:

"About Us
AnswersTV is the first High Definition Interactive Television Network comprised exclusively of originally produced, broadcast-quality interactive programming.

AnswersTV's lifestyle programming currently includes Health, Food, Magic, Wine, Pet, Jewelry and Automotive programming. This broad line-up of clearly focused channels educates, informs, engages and entertains highly targeted audiences - on demand.

AnswersTV also integrates robust social networking services which enable viewers to interact with the programming however, whenever and wherever they like.

AnswersTV's lifestyle programming is available on AnswersTV.com in addition to syndication partners including Cablevision's Video On Demand service, Stephens Media Newspaper websites and the Chicago Sun Times.

AnswersTV is a business unit of AnswersMedia, LLC.

For additional information about AnswersTV, AnswersMedia or the company's corporate media services, contact us."

It comes to me from my server's homepage.

#162774 - 10/15/08 06:35 PM Re: Health [Re: gims]
gims Offline

I've only used the 'health' videos... the one on anxiety helped answer a personal question I had.

#162910 - 10/16/08 06:04 PM Re: Health [Re: gims]
gims Offline

It seems lately that my body can't process beef or lots of chicken. Fish doesn't cause problems. I've tried eating slower, less and better cuts, but all the same. Within an hour, I am in such pain.
Anyone else having a similar problem - as age creeps up?
Time to go vegan - been thinking seriously about it for over a year, anyway.

#162913 - 10/16/08 06:27 PM Re: Health [Re: gims]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
gims, could it be that you can't digest anything fatty very well? Maybe it is a gallbladder problem. I would go to a doctor and get that checked.

#162924 - 10/16/08 07:22 PM Re: Health [Re: Edelweiss2]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Gims, would you be OK with sharing what "lately" means? Does "lately" have anything to do with recent stress? Or did the digestion problem come earlier than that? Have you colitis, or irritable bowel syndrome? What kind of chicken? with skin on? and how is it cooked? deep fried? Lots to consider, and many medications and treatments available depending on what it is. I have heard what EW said about gallbladder.

#162929 - 10/16/08 08:57 PM Re: Health [Re: Princess Lenora]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Gims,
I have never digested meats very well. I never intended to be a vegan and I am not in any way. I can eat eggs at times, and fish, but chicken, sometimes, beef always, and pork are hard for me to digest and always have been.
Remember, I worked hard enough to burn it off but that did not work.
I don't know if it has to do with age but it may be that you are developing an intolerance of those meats that are hard to digest, (and they are.) Beef, Pork, even chicken, are hard for the body to break down in the system. If you study on line what the body does to break down these things to digest them you could take suppliments to aid you in doing so.
Still, It's good to know you are healthy. If you have an ounce of pain it is worth a doctors visit, I've learned that.
Please tell us how it goes?

Best to you!
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#163019 - 10/17/08 06:55 PM Re: Health [Re: dancer9]
greene Offline

Loc: Atlanta,Georgia
I find that as I get older I run into more and more things that are difficult to handle. As a younger person I had an iron gut that could eat anything with no problem. Now that isn't the case and it seems every year I get more like I remember my Mom in her later life - certain foods (like fatty) just didn't work right.

#163024 - 10/17/08 07:39 PM Re: Health [Re: greene]
gims Offline

EW, I have no gallbladder... but, after I had it taken out, I had to eat slower, but could eat most anything. It's just lately that I've really been having trouble. PL, you might be on to something... didn't think of that.... the beef is any ol' beef, even ground. Chicken - I only eat white meat, which is dry with skin off, always backed or Georged. I don't eat much at all, but withing 30 min to an hour, I have the awfullest (wd?) in my lower abdomen. It's pain, sharp pain. I'm steering clear of both for a while, then will try a bite later to see what happens.
dancer, I don't eat pork, except for a piece of bacon every so often. EGGS - no can do...even the smell makes me sick. When I do eat them, purely for the instant protein effect, I smother them with cheese (which I don't eat much of, either). I think PL might have hit on something, as chocolate has been giving me heartburn... best I slow down and eat pure.... and if this keeps up, I will seek a professional's advice. green415, I think there is something to aging and eating. Of course, my mom has eaten anything and everything (ever since I've known her, anyway)... and still does at 76. She may turn her nose up, but by george, she eats what she wants! Can't use her as an example, I guess.
My nose sometimes does it to me. Besides eggs, I can't stand the smell of milk, beer, some coffees, etc. I can't stand the texture of things like cottage cheese. So, I like many have eating criteria.
I'll reserve a spot with my nurse practitioner next Monday. Least ask the question - since I no longer have a gallbladder.
Thanks all... nice to have a place to come so others can help us think things through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved