The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#117442 - 05/06/07 07:31 PM Muffin!
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
I get plenty of exercise, walk miles a day in my job, I'm not overweight....but I have no waist. Just a mushy bulge around my middle. My daughter calls it the *muffin*.

I don't like the muffin. How do I get rid of the muffin and curve in, where I now bulge and jiggle? I haven't gained any weight in 25 years, and yet I'm sure that I used to have a waist where now there is none.

What to do? Anybody else lost the muffin and regained a waistline? How'd you do it?

Edited by mrs_madness (05/06/07 08:44 PM)

#117443 - 05/06/07 08:58 PM Re: Muffin! [Re: mrs_madness]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I want to know that answer, too.

HELP!!

#117444 - 05/07/07 01:14 AM Re: Muffin! [Re: Anno]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
After giving birth to 2 children and raising them, I can't even remember what my body shape used to be like, but I know for sure I have a muffin too, just like you!

I've gotten so used to my muffin, I'm not sure I want to get rid of it. My muffin is kind of cosy to have around, sort of like a pair of comfortable old slippers. But I must admit my muffin does cause hassles when it comes to clothes shopping. Maybe it is time I started a muffin-buster program too. But how Any helpers?
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#117445 - 05/07/07 02:17 AM Re: Muffin! [Re: SharonE]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I wear ankle weights and walk like there is a grizzly bear behind me, uphill and downhill and increase the distance when it gets too easy.

Believe me, the muffin will turn into wasa bread after only 3 weeks...at least you will see huge results.

#117446 - 05/07/07 08:48 AM Re: Muffin! [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
try some exercises that target spacificalie the waistline area.

crunchies, or if one can manage it lay on edge of bed with legs and lower bottom hanging off and raise and lower your legs. (beds arnt great becouse the matress is squisie but trying to think what can be done around the house, gyms have spacificke equipment for this exercise)

get a broom shaft put it over your sholder and hang your hands on it. do the bellow exeercises all with broom.

keep hips facing front and twist from one side to another so your looking over your sholder. bend over as if your gonna touch toes but try touching right hand to left foot. and the same with other foot.
stand upright legs apart and bend to the side with broom or without and try to get hand to kneew level do same with other side.

when walking hold tummie muscles tight, it also strenthen your whole tourso and save from back straine.

their just general waistline exercises that you can do around the house i am sure theirs manie more. If you tone the muscles at the front of the tummie and the side of your waist it will pull in your waistline.

any arobic exercise is good for general waighloss too.

i don't know for sure but isent the more apple shape of women part of having kids and to do with how our bodies change shape naturalie as we age. I not saying don't do anything about it if its upsetting ya but i just curiouse as to the hows and whys of this type of shape cange?

#117447 - 05/07/07 06:51 PM Re: Muffin! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Use an exercise ball. Lie across it on your tummy and lift your upper body in the air. Like backward crunches. It's a killer but works.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117448 - 05/07/07 07:28 PM Re: Muffin! [Re: Dianne]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
In addition to targeted exercise, you can also try targeted skin care! Mary Kay's Cellu-Shape Contouring System may be the answer for you! 9 out of 10 women reported loosing up to 1/2" from EACH thigh! I have personally used it on my 'granny' arms. I have to date lost 1/4" from my right arm and 1/2" from my left! I admit I was skeptical--I measured before I ever started. You can use it on any area that has cellulite--including the 'muffin' area! In addition it tones and tightens the skin.

For more info check my Mary Kay website www.marykay.com/ptrapp777 Shipping is free!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#117449 - 05/07/07 08:42 PM Re: Muffin! [Re: starting over]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Mary Kay has done so much to help battered women. She was an amazing woman.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#117450 - 05/08/07 04:46 AM Re: Muffin! [Re: celtic_flame]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Celtic, you totally lost me with the broomstick in the bed thing....ah, I don't get it. You really do that?

Diane, exactly what is an exercise ball? Is it different than other balls? Would a soccer ball or something similar work?

Starting over, you're absolutely right I have a wrinkly cellulite-type doughy fat in my middle. I was not under the impression that cellulite cream was any more legitimately effective than 'breast enhancement' cream, but if you can cite some kind of evidence that the stuff actually really works, I'll buy a barrel of it from you!

#117451 - 05/08/07 01:53 PM Re: Muffin! [Re: mrs_madness]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm laughing, trying to picture you using a soccer ball for this. An exercise ball is quite large. I'll see if I can find a link for you. You can use them for a lot of exercises.

Also, I got a shot a few years ago in my right bun and it left this deep indentation. The dr. said it would go away but two years later, it remained. So, I bought this massager with gel and within two months, it was gone. It's supposed to also help with ripples and cellulite. I'll find that link too because it really did work and the gel smells heavenly.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved