The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 208 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#87973 - 09/10/06 12:45 AM Began Acupuncture Today!
Pam R. Offline

I'm hoping this will help and trying not to think that it is voodoo. I know that acupunture is Oriental Medicine so it has to work, right? I have had this horrible mid-back pain for 15 months now. Had all the tests; xrays, MRI, CT scan, saw orthopaedic surgeon, neurologist and finally a pain management Dr. who really wants to give me the epidural injection that I don't want. So...I finally tried an acupuncturist recommended by a friend. He stuck needles in my back, head and legs. They stayed in for 25 minutes and then I went home. I have to go back on Tuesday and then again on Saturday. He said I will know in about 4 sessions if it will work. He told me that it doesn't work in about 10% of the people. Anyone here ever try this? I am desperate for some relief.

#87974 - 09/10/06 01:06 AM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: Pam R.]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I have friends who have had acupuncture and acupressure treatments and totally love it. They are convinced it has helped them tremendously.

I really hope it also works for you!

#87975 - 09/10/06 01:00 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: 49erDonna]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have never tried it. Sorry. I'm saying a little prayer that it works for you. Let's pray you're in the 90%.

Did you try a chiropractor? My husband and a few relatives and friends swear by theirs. I know you have to find a good one, but if you do, it's well worth it. But you won't have to go this route because the acupuncture is going to work!

#87976 - 09/10/06 01:20 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Pam, I'd be interested in knowing what you think about it. Coming from someone who hates needles, I just don't think I could do it. Eeeek!

JJ

#87977 - 09/10/06 03:45 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You can't feel the needles, JJ. It's painless.

I've had it done and after the treatment, I've never slept so well. I'm a huge fan of it. I hope it works for you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#87978 - 09/10/06 11:28 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My son Mark had a really narled up hand from punching so many people in fights and breaking boards as a martial artist. He was ingreat and cinstant pain and the hand was useless. He went to an accupuncturist when medical doctors said his hand would be crippled up for good, they could not help it or the pain. I went with to the Accupuncturist with him and watched as they placed the needles into his injured hand and arm and after one treatment he could move the fingers with less pain. By the fifth treatment his hand was healed, as usefull as ever and without pain. To me seeing it first hand, it was like a miracle. He said he never felt one pinch from the needles, nothing at all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#87979 - 09/11/06 01:35 AM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: chatty lady]
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
I have used acupuncture for years! My health insurance even pays for it!
I have used it for my panic attacks, and every ache and pain I can think of.
It works, but you do have to give it time.
The last time I used it was for a bone spur in my neck.
I also used physical therapy and massage, but knew that the acupuncture would help also.
Sure hope it works for you.
Lynne

#87980 - 09/16/06 10:20 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: LSmith5434]
Pam R. Offline

Here's the latest on my acupuncture treatment...I went on Tuesday early morning. He put the needles in my back, one in each leg-near the ankles and one in my head. They were in for the 20 minutes. Left, went about my day and at 9:30 at NIGHT...went to scratch my head and guess what?????? He left a needle in my head by mistake!!!! It was in for 10 hours. I flipped out! I pulled it out and began to bleed profusely. Luckily, it clotted quickly with pressure. I called him the next morning and cancelled my next app't. The Dr. called me the next day and apologized and offered a free session! He said sometimes these things happen. Not to me I thought, and refused to go back. I think I will look for a new place to go.

#87981 - 09/16/06 11:04 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: Pam R.]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh, dear me. I would have freaked out as well, Pam! Did you have it looked at all the same just so you know that the entry point would not get infected?

#87982 - 09/16/06 11:49 PM Re: Began Acupuncture Today! [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
But did it do the job Pam?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved