The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#19253 - 11/27/05 08:53 AM Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am taking a pill to get me on track for sleeping at night. I am an asprin/bandaid gal. I remember if my Mom got sick, she would have what is called 'water panks'. Water forms in your mouth at a rapid rate and sometimes causes you to vomit. It happened to me back when I had a gallbladder problem. Now it's happening again and I feel the pills are too hard on my Liver.
My Doc prescribed Trazodone and I read the leaflets that came with them. I am not supposed to miss a dose and should let the Doc know when I want to quit taking them. I don't know what "depression pills" have to do with "sleeping pills." I AM NOT DEPRESSED... I am menopausal and can't sleep but that's another story. My concern is the 'Water Panks' I have when I awake every morning.My appointment isn't until the 22nd of Dec. Anyone? Smile,you here? Do you have any suggestions.
chick

#19254 - 11/26/05 11:15 PM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi chick, I've never heard of waterpanks. As for Trazodone, I think that is a pretty heavy med.

#19255 - 12/02/05 10:57 AM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
do you know why doc prescribed trazodone rather than ambien? i've had success with ambien and know several other people who have too.

[ December 02, 2005, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: flipperjo ]

#19256 - 12/02/05 11:54 AM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynn it IS potent... during the day but not much for making me sleepy.
flipper, I tried Ambien , she gave me a sample of 6. and it didn't do a thing for me. I was still going to bed at 7:30 in the morning.
My Dad slept 3 hours a night for years. He slept at the kitchen table...never in bed. He said if he went to bed, he wouldn't get those 3. But he was never tired and could run circles around all his kids. Amazing, I forgot about that. Mom awoke too early in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I think I'm biologically doomed!
chick [Frown]

#19257 - 12/02/05 07:26 PM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chick, I was doing that. Saliva/water forming in my mouth and I'd have to stand over the toilet, spitting it out and sometimes vomit.

It's the beginning of acid reflux (for me anyway) and my doctor put me on Nexium. It has stopped.

#19258 - 12/02/05 11:27 PM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Strangely, they say sleep requirements decrease with age. Seems backward because there's less reason to stay awake? I remembr dancing til 4 a.m. and being in class at 7:30. Of course one or two days a week I slept for 24 hrs.

Mother nature must have been smoking something when she thought that one up.

smile

#19259 - 12/02/05 11:43 PM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Chick...I would call the doctor and ask about cutting the dose or coming off. Sounds, like you dose might be too high.

#19260 - 12/03/05 12:20 AM Re: Water Panks and Sleeping Pills
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Exercise to the point of sweating early in the day is the only thing that helps me sleep at night. If I do it late, it only wakes me up.

I have to be physically exhausted to get any sleep at all. I've been that way all my life and since surgery I have been far less active exercise wise so the doctor gave me Ambien, but it made me so depressed I couldn't stand it.

Sometimes when I have time, I love taking a very hot bath and while in the hot water, drinking very hot chamomille tea. I learned that from a spa. Makes you sweat like crazy from the inside out and you sleep like a baby.

Other than that, being awake all the time has helped me get a lot of writing done.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved