The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17415 - 04/25/03 05:47 PM Warmer weather means...
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
...more skin showing. Are bad feelings about your body starting to creep in as the weather gets warmer and there are less clothes to hide under? I know I go trough this evey May and June. I start thinking about moving to Alaska where I would wear a big coat all the time.

#17416 - 04/27/03 11:23 PM Re: Warmer weather means...
Micki Offline

Loc: Linthicum, MD
A year after gastric bypass surgery, I am sagging and bagging in all the wrong places!! I have an ostrich waddle under my chin, carpetbags on my inner thighs, batwings that look like they belong on a prehistoric giant flying creature under my upper arms, and WRINKLES EVERYWHERE ELSE! I never had them at 400-plus pounds, but now that I am around 200, I have it all. My mother used to tell me that when she got older, she had to roll up her boobs like a jelly roll to get enough to stuff in her bra cup...and now I have to!!This is so sad---nobody ever said 55 was going to be so hard to hold!!

Anyway, I say damned the torpedoes, full-speed ahead...I am going to do whatever I need to to be cool this summer and if people don't like the excess skin, they can take up a collection for my reconstructive plastic surgery!!

#17417 - 04/28/03 03:23 PM Re: Warmer weather means...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Damned the torpedos...full speed ahead, perfect Micki. This is the attitude I have!

Candice, I think it comes with age. This has been mentioned in another post. I think the older I get the more comfortable I am with my body.

I know I weigh almost 15 pounds more than I did 15 years ago, but I walk, I feel good, I enjoy eating, and I have decided this is my womanly figure. [Razz] Fifteen pounds ago was my youthful figure. So be it! I just hope I don't gain another 15 in the next 15! [Roll Eyes]

I must admit I love capri pants! I don't want to blind anyone with these white legs that remind me of paste! [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved