The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#120166 - 06/02/07 05:29 PM Geesh
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I went in for my yearly physical (I had to or the doctor wouldn't renew my scripts!) and it was NOT a pleasant experience!

First of all, the scale just couldn't be right! I can't possibly weigh that much. My home scale didn't show anything close to that so I'll believe it instead of the doctor's. Then, she measures me and it seems I'm not only fat but getting shorter too! Let's add to that...my feet are also getting longer.

My blood pressure was just a bit high (I get stressed just walking into the office) but the nurse tells me it's probably elevated from the extra weight. Why not just stick a knife in my heart and get it over with? This is the first time in my life that I felt fat...outside of pregnancy.

She asked if I drank and I said, "I don't drink anymore...pause...but then, I don't drink any less either." I'm so funny.

So the outcome of this, beside depression, is I'm going to lose five dreaded pounds and put myself on a stretching machine.

I just started doing Callanetics last week tho...they claim you will see a big change in 10 days. My buns have never been so sore.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120167 - 06/02/07 05:42 PM Re: Geesh [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
My doctor recently told me to loose 10 pounds. And, inspite of my "great" vegetable diet, my cholesterol is back up a bit. She wants me to live the life of a monk.

No wonder we all hate going to the doctor.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#120168 - 06/02/07 06:21 PM Re: Geesh [Re: Anno]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
My visit to the doctor shocked me too. Funny, when I look in the mirror I see near perfection. My doctor's nurse just kept moving that little bar further and further up the scale...finally I said, "STOP!" That's enough! She looked at me and I told her, "Look, lady, I'm in here for depression and stress and that's not helping!"

Then I had to go for an MRI which costs $1600 half of which is my responsibility. She asked me for the money right there on the spot and smilingly said, "We take credit cards." When I told her I didn't have the money or the credit card, she glowered at me and acted like I was a loser.

Then I wore a holter monitor while running all my errands and people looked at me like I forgot my headsets and must really be into music.

I had a dye injection, and now am on an anti depressant and an anti anxiety medication. When asked how it made me feel and if I was feeling better, I told them if not giving a s^%$ about anything was feeling good minus the drool and spending the day in my jammies on my day off is good, then I feel marvelous.

My doctor just said there was nothing wrong with me except my husband, put me on Boniva and gave me the name of a good divorce lawyer which I used, shook his head that all those tests came up with nothing and sent me home.

I find myself watching the branches of trees move in the breeze, enjoy the feeling of raindrops on my skin, am entertained by the squirrel that comes on my porch to steal the guenia pigs food and laugh at silly commercials, (hate the Geico caveman ones!!)

I guess that's what normal people do but I know it won't last long. I'll have to be on another adventure or doing something edgy soon.

#120169 - 06/02/07 07:07 PM Re: Geesh [Re: NewLeaf]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Haha Dianne…you're a scream. You'll see when you move to Arizona you'll lose weight chasing your grandkids around the place. I've lost 3 pounds since our granddaughter is here…I've also lost some nerves, and I've gained a twitch in my right eye.

Has anyone ever been on a chocolate diet? Now that is a diet I'd stay on.

Anno, there is a margarine in Germany that guarantees lowering cholesterol. Do they have that in the States?

I have the same problem NL. I look in the mirror and think…chubby;…but so was Marylyn Munroe. Then I see photographs and think, "Who is that women with the chipmunk cheeks,....and why do they cover her entire body?"

#120170 - 06/02/07 10:04 PM Re: Geesh [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hannelore, my chocolate diet is why my thighs are so big! I wish that were the easy answer!

I saw a pic of myself next to my overweight mom at Christmas. Oh my GOD! I have to lose weight NOW or I will end up just like her. It was really scary!

#120171 - 06/03/07 12:58 AM Re: Geesh [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
I would like to kick those doctor's scales to the nearest curb! I'm with all of you on this!

I always slip my shoes off...like, that is going to make a big difference. Geez...

#120172 - 06/03/07 03:04 PM Re: Geesh [Re: madhatter]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I make sure to pee before I get on the scale...doesn't help tho.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#120173 - 06/03/07 11:19 PM Re: Geesh [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
They frown on your stripping nakkid too.

#120174 - 06/03/07 11:28 PM Re: Geesh [Re: jawjaw]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
They don't want you to get nekkid on the scale; it's too warm out there. They want you to wait until you're in the freezing room with a tiny sheet around your body.

#120175 - 06/04/07 01:30 AM Re: Geesh [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Doc asked me if I had any idea how much I weighed? I said, "Well, duh? Isn't that what I pay you for? Why should both of us keep up with it?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved