The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#107820 - 02/14/07 09:28 PM Do you have the Body You Want?
WhatStopsYou Offline
stranger

Hi Guys!

I am curious to know, how many of you like your bodies? Why and why not and what are you doing about it? I am just finishing my next book called, What STOPS You from having the BODY You Want? It is in the final stages and I would love feedback.

What does it take to love our bodies? What has age got to do with it? Is it ok to be fit and thin and beautiful? What have you tried that has worked and not worked?

While you are thinking about it, stand up from your desk and do 5 jumping jacks!!!

Cheers, darlene
Best Selling Author Darlene Braden; My gift to you: 365 Weght Loss, Daily Email Tips for success, http://www.whatstopsyou.com/365tips.html and Body Assessment e-Book http://www.whatstopsyou.com/balanced-body.html

#107821 - 02/15/07 05:01 AM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: WhatStopsYou]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
I love my body. I like to look at myself after a shower and am thankful for the smooth skin and nice curves. I've weathered the storm very well and am thankful for it. I'm 57 yrs. young and have the body of a 35 yr. old. I look for wrinkles and really don't take the kind of care of it I should.
I do try not to bake in the sun now that I'm older, but I have long blonde hair and big green eyes and full lips. No surgery. I am every man's dream in many ways, that's why I relate to ANS and was defensive of her.
I like most everything about my body to include my sex drive which is that of an 18 yr. old. I relish life and change and learning and adventure and so much more.

I like my smile and my feet. If I could change anything about my body, it would be to develop my muscles more. I need to work out more and eventually I would consider the purse string surgery if everything starts to go south.

#107822 - 02/15/07 01:13 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: WhatStopsYou]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Yeah....it's ok. I haven't put on weight over the years but I have this wrinkly wiggly tummy muffin that will not go away. How can you weigh the same from 25 to almost 54 and yet the body shape changes completely? Having babies is probably the answer, but still...

In some ways I like it better now (except the tummy) than I did when I was younger. I was bone thin as a young woman. You could see every rib and my hip bones stuck out like an old cow. Had zero tits. I'm fleshier and rounder and softer now and I like it.

I'll be going along thinking I look pretty good until--like today, when I saw Beyonce on TV swimsuit modeling for the cover of Sports Illustrated. That just trashed my good feelings about my body image for this week.

#107823 - 02/15/07 02:55 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: mrs_madness]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Acceptance. I finally realized I couldn't keep the body of a 20-year old in my 50's and why would I want to anyway? It isn't natural. I don't have a weight problem but I watch what I eat. I don't like hard exercise so Yoga seems to be doing the trick.

As my body began to age I wondered if the hub would find it attractive anymore but he's getting quite the belly on him and I don't feel one ounce different about him and it seems he feels the same way.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#107824 - 02/15/07 03:12 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I'm pretty much satisified with the one I have. The other one I HAD, I loaned out to Tina Turner.

If I jumped up and did jumping jacks, not only would I have two black eyes, but someeeeeeebody would be calling 911.

#107825 - 02/15/07 03:57 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
no...I think New Leaf has the body I want.

#107826 - 02/15/07 04:22 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: Edelweiss]
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Hahahahahaha...

In My Father's house are many mansions...John 14:2

http://www.myspace.com/westernbluebird

#107827 - 02/15/07 07:42 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: Bluebird]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Lol, Hey, I gotta have somethin goin for me, right??!! So many other things in life get you down. One day, just one day in my life I would like to have "it" all together, but then I'd probably die the next day anyway...

Now, ask me about my career or my family life, sheeesh! Honestly, if things were to ever get really, really bad, I guess I could always pole dance....lol

I've always said, "Well, at least my body, my eating habits, my spiritual health and what I feed my mind are things I CAN do something about and it doesn't cost anything. I just strap on a pair of ankle weights and a CD player with some of the good hip hop or techno music and I'm off.

#107828 - 02/15/07 09:31 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want? [Re: NewLeaf]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I weigh more than I've ever weighed. I wouldn't mind losing ten pounds but I sorta like the fact that this is my big girl body and that's just the way it is. Sorta like the other ladies, I don't care about having the body I once did.

More than being happy with our bodies, I think we must love ourselves first. I love who God has created me to be and that helps me feel good about my body.

If I could wave a magic wand, I would erase the cellulite. My legs have fallen and can't get up. Fortunately, clothes hide that.

Another reason I am happy with my body is that my hubby always compliments me and make me feel good about myself. I do the very same for him.

#107829 - 02/15/07 10:26 PM Re: Do you have the Body You Want?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Do I have the body I want? I have the body I have, that I know. I am okay with my body, I guess. It is not the body I had even a few years ago (how did my knee caps develop this hood?) and definitly not the body I had when I was young, but it is mine and it works welll.

Gotta love what ya got. And I do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved