The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#17626 - 04/28/04 08:02 PM Colonoscopy
Seth Offline

Loc: Madison, WI
This is a disgusting topic, but ever so crucial to our health! We all need to heed our doctor's advice and have one after age 50.
I recently had one, and learned something very important from the nurses! To have one, you have to drink a gallon (16 cups) of the nastiest stuff in the world! I thought I'd throw it up, more than once.

The test itself is a cake walk. However, when I got to the hospital and talked with the nurses they asked me how it went, drinking the junk.

I told them how awful it was, and here comes the great advice: don't opt for the gallon of stuff to drink. The nurses told me that there is another option that you can request, where you have to fast a bit longer, but only have to drink one glass of something nasty! After having the other way, I can only say plan B is the way to go!!!!!

#17627 - 04/28/04 09:15 PM Re: Colonoscopy
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
When Daddy has his right mind, he had these test and was told to drink the stuff too. It was called "Go Lightly" of all things. Daddy called it "Go Quickly." It could stop wars if we made the enemgy drink that stuff as punishment...eeek!

#17628 - 04/29/04 12:49 AM Re: Colonoscopy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi Seth...great to see you again. [Big Grin] Please tell us about your test results. Is everything okay?

#17629 - 04/29/04 02:07 AM Re: Colonoscopy
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Attention Ladies
.......GREAT NEWS.......

There is a new procedure available for detecting colon polups or colon cancer. The name is;

VIRTUAL COLONOSCOPY

It is simple, painless and takes less than 10 minutes. You drink nothing and don't need to fast before hand. You don't even take off your clothes. This in brand new technology offered in Las Vegas by WEST VALLEY IMAGING @ 702/222-3544.
In case you or your doctor wants more information.

#17630 - 04/29/04 05:48 PM Re: Colonoscopy
Seth Offline

Loc: Madison, WI
My results were fine. They found 3 polups and
removed them.

Re. the virtual colonoscopy. You still have to go through the nasty prep, and if they find something, you have to go back in and go through the prep all over. I was going to do that, until I found out that you still have to "clean out", so I decided to do the whole nine yards, and I'm glad I did!

#17631 - 04/30/04 12:31 AM Re: Colonoscopy
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Seth and Ladies, I have to apologize for the post on Virtual Colonoscopy. I was badly mislead by the advertisin I read. This mrning I drove across town and spoke directly to the physicians at the clicic and Seth is completely correct. Unfortunately I was mislead as apparently were many others coming in for this NEW procedure. There is at times "truth in advertising" I gav that doctor [Mad] a huge piece of my mind. Again, I apologize. Its all no fun, no matter what they do to us. [Frown]

#17632 - 04/30/04 12:34 AM Re: Colonoscopy
chatty lady Offline
Writer

"NO truth in advertising" is what I meant to say... [Mad]

#17633 - 04/30/04 01:26 AM Re: Colonoscopy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Seth, glad to hear things went well. thank God for all this preventive medicine! [Big Grin]

AS I understand it, if you have your colonoscopies done on a regular basis you will never get colon cancer because it won't have time to grow! [Big Grin]

[ April 29, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#17634 - 05/05/04 03:50 AM Re: Colonoscopy
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I had that test about 10 years ago and am overdue for another.

GoLightly had a 15-second BarfLife in my system, which means it made me throw up in 15 seconds or less. Tried it twice at home and realized it wasn't going to stay down. Next day I told the Doc I couldn't take that stuff. He said "Let me see what happens" so I drank it and SPLAAAAAT. Then I got the other foul-tasting drink. A nurse told me to water it down with ice cubes so it wouldn't taste as bad. Unfortunately, I also had to redo the fasting and um, cleaning.

The whole experience was pretty horrible. I've gone as far as getting the approval for the next test entered in the HMO computer.

#17635 - 05/05/04 04:25 AM Re: Colonoscopy
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I haven't had one of these yet, but I understand they work miracles by preventing cancer. I'd say vomit for a day to stay away form the big "C" is worth it. [Eek!] What do you think?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved