The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#18132 - 12/16/04 03:01 PM Health Insurance
Erica Miner Offline

Loc: Southern CA
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any resources for group insurance? We were just notified of being dropped by ours and are desperately seeking a replacement. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, guys,
Erica

#18133 - 12/16/04 03:09 PM Re: Health Insurance
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Erica,
Try two things. 1) If you belong to any writer's associations, they sometimes have group insurance you can buy. 2) Try your CAR insurance company...sometimes they too can provide group insurance.

You might also try AARP if you are old enough although I don't know if they can get group rates or not. I'm guessing here.

JJ

#18134 - 12/17/04 04:52 AM Re: Health Insurance
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Health insurance is something that has to be fixed. This is getting ridiculous. Baby boomers have to do a lot of squawking about this. We are the next generation and we are getting screwed, to put it plainly. This topic upsets me so much. [Mad]
Louisa

#18135 - 12/17/04 04:58 AM Re: Health Insurance
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Screrwed, blued and tatooed is correct and there is no relief in sight either. AARP does have group health and it's not bad, expensive then so are alol the others. I said before and I say again: There are so many of us on this site who belong to the Boomers that if Dotsie as the BOSS would contact an Insurance company I bet we could get Health Insurance at a reduced rate. I would do it myself but it has to be someone of authority, like Dotsie since its her site. Hey guys, its worth a try, right?? [Razz]

#18136 - 12/17/04 05:25 PM Re: Health Insurance
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, are you yelling at me? [Wink] I can't think about doing one more thing before this holiday. Do you really think there's a way to do this? Really?

#18137 - 12/17/04 06:00 PM Re: Health Insurance
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey
Maybe if those who need this insurance are serious, they could look online to find a good company. Then negotiate a good price. In my experinece, most carriers won't negotiate much unless you bring them a lot of enrolees. You would have to know how many of us are seriously interested then call around to see if you can get a good deal. ?? I have excellent insurance through Dan's company so I wouldn't be interested at this point, but perhaps there are others who would.

Dots is bound to be overloaded and stressed. We're going to have to help her out any way we can girls.
smile

#18138 - 12/19/04 01:33 AM Re: Health Insurance
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
No Dotsie I certainly was not yelling but am quite serious and Smile is correct, if everyone who would be interested would send you their name and the names of those they want insured, you could call some major companies and with enough people guaranteed we could get a great rate. Heck it's worth a try for the New Year. How great would that be,
[Big Grin] The Boomer Health Insurance Plan [Wink]

#18139 - 12/19/04 07:22 AM Re: Health Insurance
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Just like in big companies, the leader ""Delegates.""
Dotsie has a lot of worries right now and anyone could call for info. Those with the need would be the logical people to do the initial calling and comparisons. My own experience is that it takes a lot of subscribers to get rate worth the effort though. ???
smile

#18140 - 05/05/06 11:05 AM Re: Health Insurance
tabitha88 Offline

Loc: USA
For everyone viewing this old thread you should shop for insurance now a days. I checked on the net found it to be easier. So for those who are in a similar situation as me, go online when shopping for insurance. The place I went to is http://www.insurancepaylite.com they were able to give a quote that was acceptable to me in the speediest time. Anyways hope this helps you guys.

#18141 - 05/05/06 08:10 PM Re: Health Insurance
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tabitha, I hope you'll stick around and let us get to know you. can you tell us about your experience with this company. There are lots of women searching for good, less expensive insurance plans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved