The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#18632 - 07/25/05 01:48 PM Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Virginia Lee Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I had the surgery on Friday, and yes, it is covered by medical insurance. BB ladies might want to check it out with their own insurance companies if their eyelids are drooping.....
The pre-anesthesia medicine was the best part. Before I 'went under' I so gooood! My daughter tells me that I was happily babbling my bank account numbers (with pins!) to the doctor and nurse as she left....
I only had a stinging sensation on my eyes afterward that was relieved by crushed ice bags, which I've been wearing often. I haven't needed the pain pills they gave me. I did, however, look
like I'd run into a Mac truck - black eyes swollen to mere slits with stitches across both eyelids. My 4 year old grand-daughter hid her face and starting crying when she saw Me-maw's 'boo-boo'....
With ice packs and Prednizone the swelling has dissapated nicely, tho I still have discoleration.
Looking ahead, looks like my eyes will be beautiful in a few days. [Smile] )
I hate Prednizone. Makes me evil. Makes me eat - even things I wouldn't ordinarily touch. That large zuchini squash in a basket on the table (in a basket-of-vegetables-gifts) is starting to look tasty....
By the way, I'd told everyone I know about the surgery and that I'd look rough for a few days after the surgery so please don't come by....
Well, it's been like Grand Central Station here ever since....I wanted to hide my face for at least a week. Even people I haven't seen in many months have come to visit. Seems everybody wants to see a woman when she's at her worst????
I donned a pair of big glasses and went to church yesterday - didn't wanna miss the sermon; besides,
everybody had already seen my face anyway. Can't hide anything in a small southern town...
All in all, I highly recommend this surgery, ladies and feel good about having it.
Virginia

#18633 - 07/25/05 02:55 PM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
Thanks for telling us what the experience was like Virginia. I haven't checked with my insurance yet but I might.....like I posted before, my eyelids are GONE and I'm sure I'd look more "ALERT" if I had the blepharoplasty procedure!

Here's to fading bruises and beautiful eyes before this week is out!!!!!!!

#18634 - 08/06/05 08:00 PM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Virginia Lee, how is the recovery process going?
chick

#18635 - 08/06/05 08:38 PM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Terri Offline

Loc: Cedar Key, Florida
I'd be interested in the recovery process also. Didn't realize there was so much discoloration and bruising from this. Also didn't know it required sutures.
Isn't this also done with laser?
Hope you're enjoying a full recovery now, Virginia.

#18636 - 08/10/05 05:12 AM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Virginia Lee Offline

Loc: Nashville, TN
I had my lids 'snipped' - excess folds removed so that my eyes are now wide OPEN! The doctor sutured the snipped areas all across the eyelids. I am fair-skinned so the discoloration may be worse for me than darker-skinned people. Is looking wonderful now; the discoloration is easily covered by eyeshadow. I'm still having some minor swelling, possibly more due to the dry weather and pollens here than anything else. I keep being surprised each time I look in the mirror and I'm having to re-evaluate how I need to wear my make-up now that I'm a BB with OPEN eyes...
I CAN see better, too. When one's eyelids start drooping, it's a slow process that I didn't realize was impeding my vision. Makes sense tho, anything that droops over one's eyes limits the vision whether it's bangs or lids.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Virginia Lee

#18637 - 09/11/05 07:31 AM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hi,
I'm new to this and I'm also new to having the equivalent of 2 bloodshot golf balls hanging on my face and only little slits (that seem to get smaller as the evening goes)
Yes, I had the eye lid surgery done Thursday after noon about 2 p.m. (this past Thursday Sep 8)

I really did not expect it to be as bad as it looks right now. My eye lids feel so TIGHT they are SO swollen. And itch !! Oh boy do the eyelids itch, I hope this is a sign of getting better but I AM SCARED ! I am 62 years old and I have recently lost 60 lbs and EVERYTHING fell down but this was so noticeable. DOES ANYONE WANT TO WRITE ME?

Virginia Lee, how are you doing now? In July, you sounded like I look now. I hope everything went well for you.

Marguerita

#18638 - 09/11/05 05:08 PM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Congrats to both ladies for having the surgery and Marguerita for losing 60 pounds. Wow. How did you loose that, if you don't mind my asking?

I would LOVE to have the permanent eyeliner put on. It seems that no matter what I do, mine runs toward the end of the day making me resemble someone who lost a good fight. Anybody else have this problem?

I'd also LOVE to have my upper lip puffed up. I forget what the procedure is called. I know it isn't lip-o-suction, right? hahaha.

JJ

#18639 - 09/11/05 10:23 PM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
quote:
Originally posted by jawjaw:
I'd also LOVE to have my upper lip puffed up. I forget what the procedure is called. I know it isn't lip-o-suction, right? hahaha.

JJ

nope - thats where they suck the lips right off yer face...I think you want "lip-o-luscious".... [Razz]

#18640 - 09/12/05 01:19 AM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
marg, I think the itching usually means you're healing. At least that's what Mom always told me.

I can't wait to hear if you're happy you had this procedure done.

Congrats on losing the 60 pounds. That's quite an accomplishment. How'd you do it, and are you keeping it off?

Jawjaw, I got a chuckle. Thanks. I wouldn't mind ahving the top lip boosted. As the face sags, I'm losing my upper lip.

#18641 - 09/12/05 05:24 AM Re: Eylid surgery - blepharoplasty - it is done!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I may sound like a broken record here but if you open an 1000 unit Vitamin E capsule and rub a light film onto the eyelid it will help with the itching and the healing... [Roll Eyes]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved