The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181932 - 05/11/09 12:20 AM Now that portion looks too large
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
In the middle of my bike ride today (52 kms.), I stopped at a cafe for muffin and coffee. Last time I've done this route and visited this cafe was 8 months ago.

I was a little shocked by the muffin size. It was good but was it THAT large 8 months ago? When one has been eating smaller desserts (I have to kick this habit down even more) for many months, to revisit something from the past..just looks huge. blush

#181949 - 05/11/09 02:23 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Ice cream balls in America look like watermelons compared to the itsy bitsy balls here. I thought it was a shame that the portions are so huge. I love just trying different flavours, but if I had done that while visiting my brother in Ma....I would have exploded. (come to think of it, what a beautiful way to go; ... 'yum yum yum. BANG!')

#181955 - 05/11/09 05:09 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
LOL, EW! When my nephews come over to visit, they laugh at the steak portion here as it is just the same size one would have in steak sandwiches over in the States. Steak is'nt a meal for them unless it's as big as a quarter plate.

#181958 - 05/11/09 05:35 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
When I was overseas, I don't recall the portions being any smaller, but then again, if they were, I probably just ordered more of um.

What are ice cream balls?

#181967 - 05/11/09 06:54 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Aaah... I mean scoops...they call 'em balls here....I'm getting my languages mixed up.
I'm confused, no wait, maybe I'm not.

Where am I?

#181971 - 05/11/09 07:09 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Often lately, when Ross and I eat out, we split a dinner and it's enough. I feel like an old lady doing it, but why not?!

EW, we had an ice cream place in town that gave humungous scoops, then they began weighing and charging accordingly. It was such a rip off. Nothing like paying 7 bucks bucks for two single dip ice creams. Hello - I can get a gallon or more for that. They are now out of business.

orchid, I love muffins and they are huge here too. I recall when Mom was going through chemo, the only thing she craved were muffins, and they were so good.

#181975 - 05/11/09 07:43 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Hubby and I usually split our meals too. And I'm still stuffed after half a meal.
We were amazed how expensive ice-cream is in the States! Those stands were pretty empty too. In Germany you usually have to stand in line down the street to get a cone.

#181980 - 05/11/09 08:11 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: Edelweiss3]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Why sure! I should have guessed that one...duh? Sorry bout that Ew...

Don't you get a kick out of the fancy/smancy restaurants on TV that show these dishes that are served and they have what I call, "a child's portion" on the plate? Presentation is NOT everything when you're hungry! ha!

#181996 - 05/11/09 11:24 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now you know how most celebrities stay pencil thin, they eat those so called gourmet (tin y) portions in those over priced restaurants and their frig at home is empty except for champagne.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#182033 - 05/12/09 01:02 PM Re: Now that portion looks too large [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh how funny Chatty...I never thought of that! How true. Well, I don't like champagne, so that's out for me. But I do like a quarter-pounder with cheese...whattt?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved