The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#15994 - 10/14/03 07:48 AM fianlly an article that promotes cheating in diets
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I recently read an article in Prevention magazine that tells you to go ahead and eat the whole thing! [Big Grin]

This theory is all about eating sensibly and going about it in different ways:

Eat well during the week and splurge on the weekend.

Think ahead and figure in your treats. IF you know you are going to have a dessert when you go out to dinner...only eat a half sandwich at lunch.

IF you must eat fast food, pick smaller portions and get the chicken instead of beef.

Make sure something is really worth it if you are going to splurge!

Take a longer walk if you know you might be overeating at a meal that day.

Pick days during the week and eat less and only what is necessary.

Don't starve yourself because later you eat everything in sight.

Control portions and don't eat seconds.

Anyway ladies I liked this article because it made sense to me. I don't know how people diet, starve themselves, or eat only very specific food. I like the idea of sensible eating and exercising...I walk almost every day, but hmmm, the sensible eating needs another good look!

What (if anything) are you doing to battle the bulge? [Eek!]

#15995 - 10/13/03 08:58 PM Re: fianlly an article that promotes cheating in diets
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cheat is also a 4-letter word. I think you have to take into account WHAT you are eating. Just because you eat a half a sandwich, doesn't mean you can eat a bag of Oreo's...which of course, would be MY first choice! hahaha...

Common sense is the key. USE YOUR HEAD...we ALL know if we are overeating or indulging when we shouldn't. We just choose to stuff those knowing feelings in the recesses of our mind at the time. Yes, guilty....

All this sage advice is coming from a short, fluffy woman....it's like I have said before...what do I know???? Even if I am a Queen.... [Wink]

#15996 - 10/14/03 04:25 PM Re: fianlly an article that promotes cheating in diets
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay queen, you've mentioned those Oreo's one too many times in here. I salivate every time you talk about them. [Big Grin] I want the truth...how many Oreo's have you had in the last week, and how many do you eat in a sitting? [Razz]

#15997 - 10/14/03 11:13 PM Re: fianlly an article that promotes cheating in diets
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
You want the truth? I only eat them in my dreams...it has been over a month now since my last Oreo's...my support group has helped me thru the Oreloless nights, and my estrangement.

My grocery man jumped on the bandwagon by removing the display from sight whenever I enter the Piggly Wiggly...so far, so good.

But YOU! You just had to come along and bring them up now didn't you?

No matter...the real truth is I have a buyer and if I go to the corner of Graham and Cracker, there is always someone pushing them.

I know...I know...it's a sickness but I have honestly tried to quit. Scouts Honor! (Nix on the scout thing...I got kicked out for talking too much) But life goes on and...and...hey! There's Bob and he has a handful of....O....R...E...O...'...S....Bob! Wait up...Bob! It's me, you buddy! Bob...Bob...

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved